• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General The Start of a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

jods

MyPTSD Pro
Hope everyone survived the silly season & you can still just squeeze into your clothes!:wink:
My parents stayed here between xmas & new year to help us with a carport that we are building. It was nice to spend the time with them but I'm sure they were just as glad to go home as we were to see them go. The "good" thing was that my parents got to see hubby have a panic attack & now they "get it" a bit more now.
We found out yesterday that due to hubby's recent "funny turns" that he will be going into hospital possibly in Feb for a couple of weeks. I know that hubby isn't too thrilled about & keeps on saying that its going to be like one flew over the cuckoos nest. Gotta love his sense of humour!
I told him I think it's a good idea & he needs a break. I know he thinks that by going into hosp that he is crazy & PTSD has won this round. I see it another way, that he is brave enough to know that it is getting on top of him & he is not to proud to ask for help. Just makes me love him more.
Now all I have to do is send the son to nanna & pa's and start looking for day spa options!

I agree Jods... I see his decision as strength, not as weakness. It takes a tougher person to ask for help, than one to not ask.

Good luck with everything jods! hope it all goes according to plans... and i agreew ith you and anthony... but i wish your hubby would see it that way as well... he should feel good that he is actually going to be somewhere where he is going to get better

Hey Jods best wishes through this time how are you?
At least he has a sense of humour but it will be hard for him men have trouble accepting that they have problems sometimes but at least he is willing to get some help I hope it works out for him he will probably be a bit apprehensive close to the time.
Does he stay in the hospital all the time?
Jen

I think that it is just the fear of the unknown about the hospital, which I think is understandable. I suppose it's just because of the bad stories they only choose to tell about these hospitals makes people feel uncomfortable about going to them.

At this stage I think he will be there for 2 weeks but will be given a day pass to still attend his psychologist appt once a week. His biggest concern at the moment is what sort of coffee they have (He's a nescafe man)LOL!

I'm just taking things day by day & going with the flow. Little tired but thats only because I don't enjoy the heat, let's just say it brings out the grrrr in me!
I'll probably need to go for a little rest myself after hubby returns as I'm going to try to toilet train our stubborn little man while he's away.

Hey Jods isnt it strange how men think ( or dont):wink: When my brother went in to detox recently all he was worried about that he couldnt smoke there.
If you dont like the heat you better stay away from Townsville this time of year BLAH! My son said Adelaide gets very hot as well.
I am going to play golf tomorrow I will melt thank God for a pool.
Jen

Hey Jen
Funny that you mentioned the smoking, I went on the web site & found out that there is a smoking section (much to hubbys delight!)
It's ironic, I spent 2 years in NT & survived but I can't do the humid heat. At least in SA it's mostly a dry heat.
Hope your going early to golf so you can enjoy the pool afterwards!

Hi Jods
Hope your husband gets on ok in the hospital:thumbs-up Its not a sign of weakness its a sign of strength as we all know.
Good luck with the toilet trainning.

Thanks Kim.
I'm sure my hubby will enjoy the chance to just have a break from us.

Jods
It will be a break for you too. Is this the first time he has went into hospital?
The first time Scott went in, when the kids went to bed and i was organised i just flaked out on the couch with my book, no computer no tv nothing it was good.
I felt it recharged my batteries for me too.
Try and make time for yourself too when hubby goes in thats the most important thing as well.:thumbs-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back