• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News The Trauma and Mind-Body Super Conference 29 June-5th July 2020(Online And Free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

MyPTSD Pro
This thread is to inform all interested individuals about the Trauma and Mind-Body Super Conference being held from 29 June to 5th July 2020. It is being held online and is advertised as being free of charge. Link below.

Full disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with this conference or its speakers and have nothing to gain if you participate. I post this thread as a public service.

All details can be found here: https://traumasuperconference.com/?affid=stacyscienceandnonduality

Porges, Mate, van der Kolk, Levine, Webb, Orloff and dozens of others.

If you participate and wish to share what you learned, feel free to do so in this thread.

May peace replace your pain.

-Void

Thanks void... bookmarked and want to look for an itinerary for the event but will be registering. I get a lot out of these events and am glad you shared the link. It will be good to refresh and recharge my maintenance stuff.

I missed most of this, but they're replaying it for free this weekend. Liked the Stephen Porges and Gabor Mate ones, some of the B. van der Kolk one.

Yes thank you @void . :hug:

This guy Alex Howard on here is excellent. I'm only part way through but his is on (lack of) emotions/ anxiety.

As an aside, I did learn somewhere else when we are faced with something unexpected, people ('normally') see what they feel and choose what to do next. I never know what to do or where to even go, next, because I also know Idk what to feel, can't figure it out, nor name it.

Maybe that's awfully important, past and present? :confused:

I'm only a wee bit in and struggling, but that Dr. Veronique Mead has a really good one (I think) on the Freeze Response. I feel a bit self-forgiving about it, with her explanation.

Only half way but very interesting with Niki Gratrix, nothing like I imagined. Has a theory of Limbic Kindling, and Neuro-Retraining (including Vagal training for physiological issues as well as psychological ones) for chronic pain, autoimmune disease, etc, in relationship to developmental trauma. But I don't think I can get through it all before I have to go.

Yes thank you @void . :hug:

This guy Alex Howard on here is excellent. I'm only part way through but his is on (lack of) emotions/ anxiety.

As an aside, I did learn somewhere else when we are faced with something unexpected, people ('normally') see what they feel and choose what to do next. I never know what to do or where to even go, next, because I also know Idk what to feel, can't figure it out, nor name it.

Maybe that's awfully important, past and present? :confused:

Alexithymia is the technical term, iirc.

?

Oh @void , took me a minute thought was a play on his name. :laugh: :hug:

Thank you. I googled the term once and just recall it didn't all fit, wonder if it can be situational i.e. those times are just too overwhelmed/ amygdala-hijacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back