• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Therapist recommendations exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody!
So...I'd like to know if any of you have received truly helpful therapy that you'd recommend...I have seen an amazing therapist a couple of years ago I actually found on youtube (!!!) who helped me immensely, especially teaching me exercises to reduce anxiety and change the focus of my thoughts. I think that without him I wouldn't have had the strength to deal with the multiple traumas I suffered, he was truly amazing. But then over time, his approach had done its job for me and I reached a plateau in my recovery. (Eternally grateful, though.)

I tried to re-start treatment with regular therapists (not cptsd specialized) but my experience is that they're not only unable to help but are often harmful. So I started looking for help in books. I've read Pete Walker's book "...from surviving to thriving", which was helpful and I noticed that staying present to my emotions and crying really helps overcome flashbacks. My partner is the one who actually helps me doing this because it's so difficult to do it alone (for me). However, I still feel like I need specialized help...I can't count solely on my partner. I'm struggling in some areas for too long without progress and I'm looking for a good professional.

Has anyone had stories you can share about successful treatment and therapists you'd highly recommend? I actually tried to schedule an appointment with Pete Walker but his wait list is huge. Anyway....hope some of you can help me!!!

And I'll leave my own contribution here of the therapist who helped me A LOT on the first phase of my recovery that I described on the first paragraph: | Dr.Sam (also look for his youtube vids). Good for those who've dealt with narcissists; does skype.

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back