• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Therapy Flake Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosey

MyPTSD Pro
How can 1 hour of therapy exhust me so much. Spent the last 24hours feeling like my blood has been drained out of me.

I have done all normal self care tricks but i can hardly keep my eyes open or function. It wasnt even a tough session.

How does anyone else handle this?

Lordy, I know even the most benign session wipe me the f*ck out. I often put myself into a sleep coma for a day or three after a tough one. I usually try not to have any major responsibilities planned for immediately after, and practice self care, self soothing. I'm about to start 9 sessions of prolonged exposure (PE) and I'm excited but terrified. Fortunately, my T was able to schedule us for Fridays, late morning. then, I can eat a light lunch and go to my Yoga for Depression and Anxiety class. I've been thinking exercise, even a gentle walk, after therapy

Damn you, Post Reply button!!! :mad:

ANYway, either gentle or brisk exercise immediately after therapy is worth a try, even if I still wind up sleeping for 24 hours. Good luck and let us know what you find works for you!

I handle it the only way I can I jump into my work. As strange as that sounds, due to work obligations my job requires that I work M-F 8:30-5 and attend evening meetings up to 4 nights a week so my therapist accommodates my schedule and we meet at 7 am before work so similar to another thread I end up leaving things in the room because I don't have a choice.

Sleep, if that's what your body needs, give in to it.

Therapy wipes me out, still! After EMDR, I exercise and after non-EMDR visits, I sleep :)

Some weeks, I'll be sitting with T and get an overwhelming sleepy feeling. It's all good. Relaxed...finally.

All hail the Sleep Coma. Crawl into bed for three days ... Sometimes that's just what it takes.

But for me, personally, I have to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Sometimes I sleep to avoid things, like people, feelings, work, life, etc. Too much sleep is a warning sign to me that my depression is getting out of hand.

Like Goldilocks, you have to find how much sleep is just right for you. :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back