There are bad doctors out there

Polyfractal

Learning
It is hard to speak about this, but....

I have seen many psychologists and psychiatrists in the past, there were some good and some bad--those that were bad have sexually abused me during therapy sessions. There were two psychologists and a psychiatrist who had molested me. Psychologist A was 2017-2018, doctorate clinical psychologist R was 2020 and psychiatrist K was 2020. I have DID, every time the abuse occurred was when my child alters came fronting. I was inappropriately touched multiple times by psychiatrist K, psychologist A & psychologist R and raped by psychiatrist K in the hospital's bedroom with the door shut. I already have a severe trauma history and they took the chance to molest me, because I am vulnerable. I feel traumatized and still have flashbacks daily about this.

"In fact, CCHR worldwide has successfully worked to obtain laws that ensure psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists and behavioral counselors are not above the law, with 32 criminal statutes in the U.S. alone that now protect patients from therapist sexual assault."

Q: I am not sure how to talk about these traumas during psychotherapy, because it is like taboo?
Q: I haven't reported them, because I am not sure how common this is?
Q: I want to feel validated in my experience, I haven't told anyone about it yet, except here?

Last edited by a moderator:

OliveJewel

MyPTSD Pro
it is like taboo?
If you have a good T nothing is taboo. It sounds like you are in the process of getting a new T? As you discover how comfortable you are with her you can tell her more and more, I think.
how common this is?
That is irrelevant to whether or not you report a crime.
I want to feel validated
Keep talking about it to safe people, they will help you feel validated. There are people on here who had similar happen. Maybe start a diary?

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
Q: I am not sure how to talk about these traumas during psychotherapy, because it is like taboo?
Q: I haven't reported them, because I am not sure how common this is?
Q: I want to feel validated in my experience, I haven't told anyone about it yet, except here?
Nothing should be taboo in therapy. You may and likely will, though, find that some respond differently and more helpfully than others to a whole host of subjects. All you can do is try.

Why do you think it would matter whether this kind of abuse is common or not? If you were abused/hurt, and you want to report it, do! It would be unethical, unprofessional, and illegal for any doctor to sexual assault/abuse anyone.

I second @OliveJewel's suggestion to start a diary. Sometimes, writing everything down can really help. It may also make you feel more comfortable to talk to your therapist about all of it.

joeylittle

Administrator
I am not sure how to talk about these traumas during psychotherapy, because it is like taboo?
It's a difficult process to discuss any kind of trauma in therapy - you'll find many threads discussing it.

I'm curious - are you currently in psychotherapy for trauma processing, specifically? I guess another way to ask is - was that your plan, when you identified your current therapist?
I haven't reported them, because I am not sure how common this is?
If by 'common' you mean 'to be expected, then no - being sexually abused is not a side effect of therapy, something that a certain portion of the population can reasonably expect to have happen.

Were you aware of the incidents as they were occurring?

I want to feel validated in my experience, I haven't told anyone about it yet, except here?
It's always useful to ask yourself, what would that validation look like? What form might you want it to take? Sometimes when we think it through, we can realize that what we think would be validating might not really be what we actually want to have happen.