• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

There Is Something Wrong With My Cat!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

MyPTSD Pro
Poor cocoa for the past 2 weeks or so, she has been gagging like she has a hairball. Wasn't too concerned about it.

She's hacked some up that were pretty nasty in the past. But now for the past two days.... She keeps gagging and gagging.

She's not lethargic, she's still eating and drinking. And has energy to play.

But I feel so bad for her. I won't have money to take her to the vet. until the 3rd. I googled her symptoms and they are all alarming. I am scared.

She's getting older. She's 8 now and cancer was listed as one of the causes.

Anybody have any ideas?

So sorry, Heather. I don't know if this will help if she has something serious, but they do sell hairball treats for cats. Also there's a kind of oil or ointment, too. That might be cheaper and hold you out until you can get her to the vet. Although, our vet offers a payment plan. It may well be worth asking your vet if you can write a postdated check. I've had to do that in emergencies with our animals. And she always accepts that.

If you can go to Walmart and get a tube of Hairball remedy, it is cheap. You squeeze out some and put it on her paw for her to lick . If she likes it, she may lick it out of the tube. Also, if you have any Coconut Oil, maybe mixing some in her food.... I'm sure she is ok.... just having problems getting this one up...
My beautiful Tortie lived to be 24. I had to have her put down this Jan. I am still devastated. The only 'constant' in my life all those years... so I totally understand your worry and concern.... let us know if she gets better or worse.

Yeah, it is awful to hear them gag like that. I would be cautious about getting pet edibles from Walmart, though. Our neighbor's dog died because of Walmart dog food. It was a name brand, but not made in the US. Walmart had a deal with someplace in China, I think. Our neighbor's daughter is a vet tech. She tested a sample of the food they sent her, and there was arsenic in it.

She's hacking and hacking and hacking. I feel so bad for her. I can call tomorrow and see what they say.

The hairball remedy will at least soothe her throat some until you can get in to the vet. It may take a dose or two before you see results... read the directions..... hope she is feeling better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back