• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Thinking Of My Brothers - Welcome Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaMuoiBa

MyPTSD Pro
To my Nam brothers,

What comes to mind is - too little, too late. I still feel slighted some 51 years later.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/vietnam-veterans-commemorated-with-vietnam-war-veterans-d

Healing takes time - OK I get it - Is it necessary to rub salt in the wound?

For many of us, including myself, it is bittersweet at best. For 40+ years I deal with all the baggage that goes along with with PTSD without a clue as to what the problem was. Then the AO issues adds more drama to ones life. Almost 9 years later the VA says "BTW, you were right all along - we'll retro you a few years and you're a 100% P&T", Congrats.

Oh, and please don't forget to remember March 29, 2017 by flying the flag by proclamation. Really?

Excuse me, I fly that flag 24/7/364. Again, I'm confused.

My world is very simple, you do good and get an atta-boy. Rule #1: all atta-boys are wiped out by one Ah-shit!

When did I miss the ah-shit? Never mind, you probably missed as well.

Welcome Home brothers and thank you for your sacrifice.

Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back