• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

This feels like grief....the death of hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupfish

Confident
I am not hopeful any longer. Why bother? The facts of my life are X, my options are Y. That's what I got, it is not changing, it never does.

Last weekend I began to recognize this feeling as grief. So. Much. Loss. Loss of friends, family, security, support, loss of any kind of meaningful connection to another human. Loss of hope.

I don't think I can bounce back from this one. I don't want to. If I'm a living zombie, so be it.

Loss of hope.

I am so sorry that you have lost hope of connecting to safe others for now. I just recently learned that to have some faith in hope that one can choose to hope if this makes anysense.

I could never hang onto any kind of hope before I just learned about this. I have heard people say that hope can be dangerous. I no longer think that this is true. I think it helps to have some real hope.

I do not know what you think about this concept of choosing to have some real hope for yourself.

I know how bad it feels to be hitting a bottom with no where to go .

You are not alone in losing family and friends. I too know this pain for the last year of my life and how I made it through an entire year surviving no real hope, I do not know how I did it.

I miss my friends, I miss my family so much. Are you feeling this kind of grief right now? :hug:

I don't think I can bounce back from this one.

We can't escape or past until we start living in the present. Easier said than done but with knowledge and faithful application of tools..etc we have a fighting chance. Please don't throw in the towel.

loss of any kind of meaningful connection to another human.

Do you mind me asking if you have been open to new relationships? I know it's tough to know who to trust and with what but I'm thinking if we keep taking small steps forward we can get there,

I really don't know man, there really are good people out there who understand you, I and these conditions. In that I have new faith and hope. Maybe that's something we can build on in time.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back