• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

This Is New To Me - Baby Sitter Abused My Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

concerneddad

New Here
I am a concerned dad in the Chicago area. My son, now 22, was abused by a 14 yr old female baby sitter when he was six. He has been struggeling ever since. He sees no real future... He has been in counseling ever since the incedent. Yes she was convicted of 2 felony counts of aggrivated sexual abuse and did 35 hrs of community service and a few hundred dollars in restitution. My son is livid and angry at the system. He tried college, but that was not for him. He has been under the care of psychriasits(sp?) and threapy, but still self medicates with pot. We are looking for a psycharisist for med management who has some knowledge about PTSD and child sexual abuse for med management. He doesn't work, he says he can't have anybody with "power over him" i.e. boss. Financially he HAS to work, I can't keep supporting him forever...Over the last few years he has held a few jobs but most only last three months. I have so much more to say but I don't want to make this too long...

Welcome to the forum concerneddad. I am a concerned uncle. Have a 23 year old niece with this illness. She resides with my wife and I. Currently we support her financially. She is in the process of applying for disability, as she has been unable to work or attend school steadily since her trauma occured at age 17.

Might want to see if your son qualifies for government assistance or disability. Trouble with working is not laziness or lack of character. From the sound of it, his PTSD is not well controlled nor has it been treated properly. He'll need proper treatment before he's capable of supporting himself. Anger is a common symptom, my niece struggles with it.

Good to luck to you and your son. This forum is an excellent place to learn about PTSD. Have found it very helpful personally.

Jim.

Welcome to the forum CD, and glad you found us. The end result is that the person suffering PTSD must come to terms with helping themselves. If one is not willing to really try hard to help themselves, then they will simply not achieve much and PTSD will continue to win. If you son is willing to give 200% effort into getting back into life, then we can help him achieve it, but only he can do the work.

Welcome Concerned,
Don't worry about if your vents are long winded, we all do it. Hope this place helps you as much as its proving to help me.
T.

dad

welcome c.dad
maybe it is an idea to tell him about this forum so he can talk, read and write for starters

welcome to the forum,
This is the best place to start. i have had ptsd for atleast 28 years and many dr.'s have tried many differnt things on me. so far the best help has come from this forum. they really care. you can get alot of information here. your son might not really understand whats going on inside. i did not understand as much as i do now. read as much as you can. best wishes to you and your family.

welcome hon

Boy do I wish I had parents, hell a parent that gave a shit,

bleh, I am so not going there
*hugs*
try getting your son here, please

cass

Welcome CD. He has a good reason to be angry with the system. I'm a part of it and I'm angry with it. I know there are not many support groups for him out there but check with the prosecutors office there. They should be of some help (maybe). Get him to sign on here. There may not be someone who has suffered exactly what he has but he will see his symptoms in some of us which helps understand PTSD soooo much. Thanks for being a Concerneddad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back