• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Tips for De-Stressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 541

I thought that it might be useful if everyone posted their tips for De- Stressing after a tough day or time. Just something that you do or use to calm down.

For me... My favorite is to take a really warm bubble bath, light some candles, and listen to some music while soaking. I tend to just shut the world out. I try and just think about the water, and the music, and try to remove the negative thoughts.....

There are all kinds of way to De-Stress... So what does everyone else do?????

Wendy

I box. I beat the crap out of the heavy bag, skip rope, do push-ups etc.. for 30-45 minutes.. get's out the aggression for me.

bec

Bec,

I am so hoping that I never get you pissed off at me( thank god you live in Canada) All that boxing crap.... I really would hate to see you in action if you were really pissed. The other person wouldn't stand a chance...

Wendy

LOL, she is a pussy cat... I swear. She may seem to have claws but on further inspection they are filed down! I promise, she tried to show them to me a time or two. Bec, I am actually in tears laughing about it now trying not to wake people here

Cat, I am a major bubble bath, candle, music person. I do stretches and yoga too. I have to get out my DVDs to tell you the yoga person. Also eating a lot of pico de Gallo does wonders. Walking Dogs... Really any animal interaction. And I do a ton of guided imagery. It does great at teaching you to retrain your thoughts if you keep at it. Oh, and herbal teas.

Sitting and watching TV with my cat, in the dark, really helps me. I also like riding my bike outside. If I can tolerate the silence, meditating helps me, but it is often too much for me to handle. The best thing for me is losing myself in a good book.

LOL why does everyone think that just because I box that I'm some super evil demon coming to beat them up?

* I share your mirth V!*

Truly I am declawed!

bec:rofl:

Bec,

I recently read one of your replies to another person........Let's just leave it at that...You do have claws, filed or not. LOL!!! Ok so maybe it the boxing :fight:and the tongue.....

I also like the interaction with animals. I housesit for people on the side, and take care of their animals. Last night I took care of 1 dog, 1 cat & 3 horses. I really love animals, but I don't want my own. Been there done that, I love not having to be responsible for anyone(or thing) at home besides me.............

Wendy

I used to do freestyle kickboxing which was a brilliant stress reliever and mood booster, which helped me relax. Stopped it when I moved to uni, though, but intend to get back into it in September. And believe me, if you looked at me, you wouldn't think I did kickboxing, or that I am scary in the slightest!!!!

At the moment... ha if I knew. I get some sort of break from listening to music on my ipod loudly I guess.

I attend yoga class on Saturday mornings. It's funny because no matter how wound up I am when I walk into the studio I can feel myself relaxing. I recommend it to anyone who will listen. LOL

I also do fencing. Great way to relieve aggression!

I'm a big fan of bubble baths. If I'm in the car lots of loud music that I can sing (yell) along to helps to relieve a lot of the stress of the day.

Oooh....one thing that does help if I can let my guard down... laughter! A comedy, a funny friend, funny pictures/memories.... does wonders for a person's wellbeing. I find it difficult to achieve at times... but a definite worker that one.

Ok, I am not quite sure what I was looking for when I started this thread, but Kickboxing, Fencing, Boxing:fight:????????????? OMG you guys are KILLERS!!!! LOL ROLF!!!!

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. And all from the women...MY goodness I hope the guys don't post with things like Cage fighting, pistol dueling, or playing chicken with cars or something of the like......

The funny thing is... I am probably the meanest out of all of you and I do bubble baths...LOL!!!!!!!

So keep me in humor, tell me more stress reducers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back