• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood tips on living in a (mostly) mentally abusive home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe im just not handling it right, and thats why it gets worse and worse....
I would love any tips on living in an emotionally and sometimes physically abusive household due to parents.
I dont know how to deal with the gaslighting as well, which is making me doubt what happened that i remember, until they do it again.

I would love any tips on living in an emotionally and sometimes physically abusive household due to parents.
Well, the tip you're most likely to get is advice on how to get help, not advice on how to 'live' with it. There's not a single person on this board who will tell you handy hints for staying in a home where you're being physically abused by your legal guardians.

Can you understand the problems with staying where you're being physically abused? You've mentioned in another thread that you've told your therapist about the abuse - and I think you said that they don't believe you. Can you say more about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back