• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Tired... But Hopeful - One Day to Beat PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldRiver

Learning
Hello everyone. My name is Heather. Thought I'd see if there was anyone else out there like me, and I was glad to find this forum. I'm a veteran - now on 100% disability from the PTSD and insomnia.

I have to say that I'm really really tired. Tired of my family not understanding. Tired of trying different drugs and therapies. I'm not at all thrilled with the doctors and shrinks. I'm tired of trying to explain myself to them and others. Basically, I'm just tired.

So, I thought I'd venture online instead to try to reach out, since I appear to be incapable of doing that with 'live' people.

My goal is to beat this someday. Or at least come to terms with it. :) Then I'm going to open a center of sorts for others like me. A HUGE house in the middle of nowhere where people can come for free or a nominal fee to just...whatever. Relax. Breathe. Be away from family if that's what they need. Be around others like themselves if they want to be. So that's a little bit about me. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Hi Heather, welcome to the forum. There is a light at the end of the tunnel in the sense of how to live with PTSD, though it is incurable and with us for life. That doesn't mean we can't learn how to control it best we can, because it can be done.

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the forum.....Can't wait till you open your "Place" I am in need of a vacation.....Can I send a donation now to get the place started???? LOL!!!!

Wendy

Hello Heather,

Welcome to the forum. I can understand your frustrations and feeling tired of dealing with it all. There's a lot of information here on learning to deal with your PTSD.

Love the idea of a place to go and just relax. Hope it comes to pass for you.

Lisa

Hi Heather... welcome....

My hopes and aspirations are similar to yours, open up a house. Entirely safe from the world where people can be how they want to be, and work on themselves for a while.

Look forward to reading you.

Hi Heather and welcome. I love your idea of a retreat for people with ptsd. Meantime, there're a lot of good people and information here to help toward healing. Take care, and hope to talk with you more.

Hodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back