Tired of being tired

I'm so tired of waking up in the middle of the night or not sleeping at all. These dreams kill me. I relive all the things they've done to me all day long and even my dreams don't let me get any rest. It's like my brain loves to see me suffer. I always start out having a normal dream and then it turns into my anxiety-ridden hell where I'm back there again. Ugh.

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
I'm so tired of waking up in the middle of the night or not sleeping at all. These dreams kill me. I relive all the things they've done to me all day long and even my dreams don't let me get any rest. It's like my brain loves to see me suffer. I always start out having a normal dream and then it turns into my anxiety-ridden hell where I'm back there again. Ugh.
Ugh, that's awful. I know how that feels. I'm sorry. Do you take any meds? They can help with sleep.

goblin

New Here
I have a lifetime of empathy for these feels. Sorry your sleep is so fleeting. Are you able to nap in the daytime? Some people find sleep easier to relax into when it isn't at night.

Definitely ask about meds if you're willing to take them. They truly can work. I very much hope they work for you! Good luck.

ruborcoraxxx

Sponsor
With you in this. I suffer from sleep problems since a long time. Definitely worth try some medications. Relaxation techniques also do help a little. Deep breaths, stretching. And sustained exercise during the day, such as a few hours walking if possible. Brutal exercise tend to wake you up more. Avoid blue lights. In the case of anxious dreams, that I tend to have a lot, medications more targeted towards anxiety rather than sleep tend to work well. Worth talking about it with your doctor.

Before I had meds I used to watch dashcam car crashes (not dramatic ones, just stupid ones) with a soundsystem with basses. It might sound stupid but the monotony of the thing and the kind of sound really sent me to sleep with a lot of efficiency.