• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Tired of Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I'm currently all processed out. It's almost like writer's block. I've simply hit a wall. I just want to not think about stuff for a while. I just want to nurse my cold and pretend for a couple days that I'm normal and not afflicted by C-PTSD.
That seems healthy.
I plan to tell my therapist this past week was a wash. I didn't do my homework. Between Thanksgiving, being hyper-aroused 3 days straight, then coming down with a head cold, diaphagmatic breathing was just not high on my priority list.
A healthy decision.

Leaning into putting away the work is part of recovery, not a delay of it. Your homework this week simply changed to good self care by pausing trauma processing while the symptom spike and cold subsides. Glad you will loop in your therapist too with the update. It will help her support you.

The breathing exercises will be there when ready. I hope you feel better fast!

But I'm currently all processed out. It's almost like writer's block. I've simply hit a wall. I just want to not think about stuff for a while.
If you want to stop, stop. I understand you plan to start up again, but I actually stopped semi-permanently. For me, it was destabilizing to the point where I wasn't functioning. I still see a therapist, but we focus on day-to-day functionality. I am much better than I was now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back