• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Today Is A Good Day Because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Freddyt what is the texture of the rhubarb and custard treats?! And please just tell me all about them. What flavor custard? I love lemon heads!
I think the English call them boiled sweets, or hard candy if you are American. They work because the custard is smooth, its a little like American Vanilla pudding but much richer and a little sweet and the rhubarb is tart - but not too much so. I asked Carol the lady who runs the Candy store what her second best selling British treat was (after Clotted Cream Fudge) and rhubarb/custard candy was next.

Ummm… Is that candy bar really names Yukkie? 🤔 I’m feeling like either I -or the marketing dept- is missing something, here.
Yorkie - the English version. Raisin and Cookie if translated for North Americans. They made a North American version in the early 1980's and I loved it. Apparently there weren't enough others that loved them so they discontinued them here.

I think the English call them boiled sweets, or hard candy if you are American. They work because the custard is smooth, its a little like American Vanilla pudding but much richer and a little sweet and the rhubarb is tart - but not too much so. I asked Carol the lady who runs the Candy store what her second best selling British treat was (after Clotted Cream Fudge) and rhubarb/custard candy was next.
Wow thank you I would love that for sure. New goal of mine. To get those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back