Today - Thyroid Meds, Exposure Therapy, & Anniversaries

cntrymom08466

Confident
I'm here today and just thinking idk whats going on. I have hypoactive thyroid and have been on medication. I messed up and missed some doses I realized this week. Also I've been doing trauma therapy. The kind where you read one of the traumas every day. Well I was doing good and then I started feeling funky this week and realized I quit reading it. Maybe I've been avoiding because my brother died on Oct 3 2015 and my stepmother the same week. And we had my brother's memorial service on Oct 23 2015. So do I just start back in and start reading the trauma again. Or have I messed up with this treatment. I've messaged my therapist and haven't heard back in days. What do I do? I would love some feedback please?

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
i try not to over analyze my slips. i slipped. what more do i need to know?
the less i agonize over the reasons why, the more energy i have for getting back with the program.

cntrymom08466

Confident
i try not to over analyze my slips. i slipped. what more do i need to know?
the less i agonize over the reasons why, the more energy i have for getting back with the program.
I do tend to over think things. Lol this trauma therapy has been a long time coming. I just don't want to mess this up.

Teamwork

MyPTSD Pro
Missing medication, of any sort does put the body into what I call withdrawal. Best to write your symptoms down, so that down the road if you mess up you can log those symptoms. Eventually you’ll know what is medication related and or trauma related. You can do the same journal notes for october. This type of tracking takes time though. I take medication every 4 hours for a muscle condition. If I miss a dose during the day I get really cranky, or I won‘t sleep well if it was the dinner one. If my daughter misses her antidepressant for one or two days, then takes it when she remembers she is very emotional, even though she has checked with others who take the same med, and dont experience any effect from missed doses. Every person is different. However, trauma also has it’s funk, times so you can only really know when you log it somewhere and look at the data.

Freddyt

MyPTSD Pro
Hypothyroid too and missed doses are not great. I also have Addison's and I was having problems with thyroid medications when my PTSD went crazy.

There are a host of symptoms that get worse but because many of them are on the PTSD symptom list as well. So yes one can affect the other. And memory problems/brain fog are some of those symptoms.

Do a meds checklist, put reminders on your phone, have a friend call, whatever you need to do to take them. I have alarms all over because I have enough problems without missing meds.....(and with forgetting them too)