• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Today was a Good Day, Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grama-Herc

MyPTSD Pro
OH the stress relief I got today is almost beyond words! I have to help my mom climb the stairs in our new townhouse and every time we are done I NEED AN EXTRA PILL!!!!!

Well, today we found a family that needed to sell an electric stair climber. There is not a big market for an item like that around this complex. I saw their notice on the bulletin board and within the hour mom had agreed to purchase the thing. Now she can just sit down in the attached chair, push a button and zip--up she goes.

I can not put into words what a relief this is for me. I have nightmares about mom and the stairs and her falling. She is a polio survivor and can barely walk. Our united attempt when she needed to go upstairs was a real source of anxiety for me.

Now there is no worry or danger!!!!! I could simply scream it feels so good to know that she will now be safe climbing the staris and SO WILL I. I would climb behind her in case she fell---like I could have actually stpped a fall. The only thing I would have done if she fell was to fall too!! AUGH!! Take 1 real big deep breath and relax.

Anyway guys, thanks for listening, cuz this sure feels good to have this stress off my shoulders

Herc,

I'm glad that you had a good day. What a relief that your mom now has, not only the safety of the chair, but it must give her a sense of independence too. Good job....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back