• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Too far gone/ too damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ45

Confident
is it possible to be too damaged/ too far gone for help? is there such thing as too much trauma?

what does one do when it seems like nothing helps? anxiety disorder major depressive disorder etc arent curable they are treatable but i dont want to fight them my whole life... ive already been fighting my whole life literally from day 1.

i dont necessarily want to die but i want to be done im ready to be done it seems like the only right thing the only logical thing.

is it possible to be too damaged/ too far gone for help? is there such thing as too much trauma?
Nope, and nope. These are distortions -- and you can get past them with a little practice.

When nothing helps, I get extra careful to only take it one step at a time. I distract myself from my thoughts gently and try to find a place where I feel safe.

I used to believe that I was too damaged to be loved or helped, and too damaged to recover. I'm so glad I kept going, though -- it wasn't true at all!

You can do this. Hugs

I've been where you are, and these are the times to keep moving, no matter how hopeless it feels. We are exhausted, in all the ways humans can be exhausted. But somehow, someway, each of us are warriors.. in our own way. That includes you.

You asked questions, that means, regardless of how exhausted you are, you are still searching. Searching for something to hold onto to keep from being swept away. That is courage, whether it feels like it or not.

Don't know how long you have been on this healing journey, but can only reassure you that we all understand this kind of tired and hopeless...Some days, I could only do this thing called Life, five minutes at a time, but I kept telling myself to not quit before the miracles started to happen..somehow, some way, hanging in here, I started seeing changes..

Hope you read around the forum and see how many feel just like you do. So much to feel, learn and unlearn. You will catch a break, something will shift, and you will be glad you hung in here... glad you posted today. Reminds me of how I felt... notice the past tense, it does change, we change, things get so much better and different. Use some of our hope if you have none left, we have lots to share and will walk with you out of the dark place you are in... you can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back