• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Trauma drove me mad - but I'm a warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynet

New Here
Hello. I used to be on this forum, joined back in 2014, but I don't remember any of the details for the old account and I'm fairly sure I actually deleted it. So here goes...

I'm a 19 years old girl on disability, and in addition I occasionally make some money on my art. I'm a survivor of bullying, neglect, emotional, physical, and sexual abuse, as well as something that would land between child prostitution and human trafficking I guess (my mother sold me).

Long story short, my mother kicked my dad out when I was 4, and I spent the next years living with my abusive mother. At 12 I took my little sister and ran away to my dad, where I lived till I was 15, before moving to a foster care, and then another one. Stayed with the last one for 2 years, before I moved on my own at 17. With full freedom, I developed an alcohol problem, which escalated the psychosis that had started when I was 13, and about a year and a half later I was hospitalised against my will for 4 months (all the other hospitalisations were only 1-3 weeks). That got the alcoholism under control, and I got put on stronger meds that actually work.

Now, a year later, I'm on a med combo of 3 meds (Fluanxol, Strattera, Atarax), and it's working great. I have, for the first time in my life, gotten a great therapist, and we're working on both general talk therapy and DBT. In about 5 months I'm moving to the other side of the country to move in with my boyfriend. My mother has been reported for what she did, and the case is under investigation.

Basically, things are going surprisingly well, but the trauma and following disorders are still there. I'm diagnosed with C-PTSD, paranoid schizophrenia, ADHD, tourettes, and an unspecified dissociative disorder which is probably either OSDD or DID. I already know supportive online communities are very helpful, so I came back here.

Also, how do I change my avatar? ?

Welcome back! There's nothing like a community that understands.? I'm glad you have found your way back, though sorry you have the need for such a place as this.☮️

Hi @Lynet click on your avatars picture top right and click on picture to change avatar. Sorry for your struggles hope things work out moving in with your boyfriend. Sounds like you've had a really tough time. Best wishes s3.

I was in the foster system too. It sucked way back when, as well. I was messed up so it's not like the foster parent was getting a diamond thru the front door. Speaking if which- back then, people fostered just for the extra pocket change. A hundred bucks and something a month

Yeah, I like that.....coping is a lifetime commitment...suffering is not.
I like it too.

Hi @Lynet click on your avatars picture top right and click on picture to change avatar. Sorry for your struggles hope things work out moving in with your boyfriend. Sounds like you've had a really tough time. Best wishes s3.
Doesn't seem to work for me? I click my picture in the popup box, but nothing happens ? Thank you.

I was in the foster system too. It sucked way back when, as well. I was messed up so it's not like the foster parent was getting a diamond thru the front door. Speaking if which- back then, people fostered just for the extra pocket change. A hundred bucks and something a month
I was messed up as well, and the foster parents I settled with didn't get any guidance on how to deal with me, so we had a lot of conflicts. A lot of people foster just for money here as well, still happens today, but my foster parents were the parents of a friend/classmate and they agreed to take me in after the first foster family I had after living with my dad (had some for brief periods while living with my mother, too) decided they couldn't handle me.

Basically, things are going surprisingly well, but the trauma and following disorders are still there. I'm diagnosed with C-PTSD, paranoid schizophrenia, ADHD, tourettes, and an unspecified dissociative disorder which is probably either OSDD or DID. I already know supportive online communities are very helpful, so I came back here.
<grin> Welcome back! :sneaky: Damn good to see you!

Hi @Lynet click on your avatars picture top right and click on picture to change avatar.
Nope. Not for new members. Please direct all How To Q’s to Contact Us. Thanks!
Doesn't seem to work for me? I click my picture in the popup box, but nothing happens ? Thank you.
There’s a New Member watershed that’s part of the anti-spam system. Continue posting and that feature, links, etc. will become available. Hit us up @ Contact Us for more detail, or Nav Q’s, whenever you like... or you can read about them here, or in the Help Pages. We had a rather massively ginormous upgrade since you were here last, and a lot of features got shifted about.

Again, welcome back!

<grin> Welcome back! :sneaky: Damn good to see you!
Friday!!! It's damn good to see you as well. I remember I looked soooo much up to you when I was active on here in my early teens, and that probably still sticks. I hope we can have some nice chats again :hug:

There’s a New Member watershed that’s part of the anti-spam system. Continue posting and that feature, links, etc. will become available. Hit us up @ Contact Us for more detail, or Nav Q’s, whenever you like... or you can read about them here, or in the Help Pages. We had a rather massively ginormous upgrade since you were here last, and a lot of features got shifted about.
Ohhh, makes sense. Yeah, I noticed things have changed. And there are new emojis??????? Why are there new emojis?!?!?!? Pleased to see from your post that it's still possible to use the old ones, though. I'll have a lookaround, already looked a bit at the help pages.

Again, welcome back!
Thanks a lot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back