• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Trauma I guess - I thought it would never happened to me, I thought I was somehow immune, but it did and it ruined my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tuna

I thought it would never happened to me, I thought I was somehow immune. but it did and it ruined my life. I was a college student who had good grades. Now im alone in my room crying on the floor. If I could tell that guy anything it would be "I thought you were my friend"

Hi @tuna. Welcome to the site ☺.

Unfortunately some people don't know how to be friends. They just have an agenda of using us for sex. I'm very sorry for what happened to you. Glad you found us. I was also sexually abused by a narcissist at college. It ruined me, so I know how it feels.

I'm so sorry.

If I could tell that guy anything
What might be something you would tell a good friend in your position? Someone you cared about, who had suffered a trauma like this?

Do you have anyone to reach out to for support? If not, perhaps consider approaching one of the sexual violence crisis organisations in your area. They can be incredibly helpful not just listening, and being there, but also providing supported direction as we confront that seemingly impossible task: what do I do now?

Take care of yourself. Keep yourself self. Be gentle and patient, like you would be to a good friend. It will get easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back