• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trauma subtly showing up in dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. But I feel at least for me my mind is revealing things to the extent I can take them. Do you have something nurturing around when things get scary? A lot of people have stuffed animala. I have a crucifix next to my bed.
Huh, never thought about that before. Probably because self-nurturing is something I'm especially terrible at. ;) Not sure what that would even be. But it's definitely something to think about.

Almost every night, I have this problem, too. Usually my dreams take place in my school and feature people I know. It always freaks me out in the morning, and if it especially focuses on my abuser or his friends, I’ll be on edge all day. I’ve recently been staying up past one in the morning to avoid going to sleep, which has been helping a bit, but I know it’s not healthy to have that kind of sleep schedule. My counselor was not especially helpful when I asked her what I should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back