Childhood Trauma timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon7788

Learning
We are supposed to do a trauma timeline in therapy tomorrow to give the parts a chance to tell their story and help them see that we no longer have to live in trauma time. I am really nervous because I take Naltrexone which keeps me from dissociating so I will have to do all the talking for my parts. I have never been present when details were talked about. I’m worried about how I will feel afterwards too. Does anyone have experience with doing trauma timelines in therapy and have any advice?

I did a trauma timeline before starting emdr, I didnt have to write in detail, I just gave the basic outline of what each trauma was. I dont have parts so I don't know if it's different for you. She had me rate them 1 to 4 on what was affecting me most and we would start with that one. You can ask her if you and your parts could write instead of talking and then you could see what they wrote before giving it to her.

Friday

It took me about 2 years.

So I wouldn’t stress over the idea that you need to have it all done / done perfect tomorrow. Some people can. They sit down & write it out / talk it out, wham bam. For others it’s a process.

Ronin

MyPTSD Pro
Oy vey, parts involved...

You may need multiple timelines, cross referencing each other, & different ways to map it out treated as equally valid.

Sharon7788

Learning
Thank you everyone for your replies! I haven’t been on cause my daughter has been very sick. First she was not eating and now we think she has an obstruction so we are on our last hope of a super strong laxative tonight before she has to be hospitalized. It’s been stressful and it scares my parts so I’m trying to have good self care so I can care for her but I really do appreciate the replies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.