• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trigger Warnings For Unexpected Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tread is where you can mention a movie, likely a movie that someone might not expect to have triggering content, for example we all know war and horror movies are triggering by nature.

Beside the movie, list the unexpected trigger warning.

Also, share the list everywhere. I want this tread to help as many people as possible!

Just don't make a huge masterlist or huge summary. Just state the name and the triggering content, like excessive violence, gore, sexual assault/rape, domestic violence, or other graphic content.

Shadow of a Doubt (1943) really triggered me. It was a suspense movie, but there was a lot of controlling behavior from this one character, and a lot of things that reminded me of abuse, and sexual abuse was hinted at. At first I thought I was the only one picking up on this, but I have read a few articles online that confirmed others also noticed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back