• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

triggered online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fern

Confident
Does anyone get triggered on this website sometimes ? One of my traumas was a period in my life where there was a group of people with my abuser who followed me. One of them had taken my phone and later admitted that they could follow me through it wherever I went- and I was being followed, especially after I tried to leave. After I got rid of that phone and got a new number, I still received texts from people involved.

This was years ago and I moved across the country but I still get triggered with stuff on technology- like calls from numbers I don't know, and sometimes online, even on this site, I get paranoid that maybe someone connected to my abusers were able to follow me to these forums and are keeping tabs on me.

I know it's extremely unlikely but most of our triggered fears are. It feels good to say it and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. I would love to hear if anyone else here has been stalked/followed by abusers and how you deal with that lingering fear over being "found" / tracked down again?

Does anyone get triggered on this website sometimes ?
Yep yep.

Check this out >>> Reading Forum Increases Symptoms!

One of them had taken my phone and later admitted that they could follow me through it wherever I went- and I was being followed,
The tech stalking thing noooo one wants to get me started on. 😣 The only real upside is that cloning, mirroring, & GPS tracking (find my phone, and other apps) are commonplace today; whilst 10 years ago they were only known to people in the industry & the tinfoil hat crowd.

I know it's extremely unlikely but most of our triggered fears are.

truer words were never spoken. is it not amazing how completely psychosis can overtake the logical mind?

absotively, i am routinely triggered in both my live and online support groups. that is part of the psychotherapy. by allowing these psycho weirds to be triggered within a supportive environment, i am able to work them through far more efficiently than is possible when they are triggered randomly by random events in the mainstream of life. back in the bad old days, when combat ptsd was still being called, "shell shock," before "triggered" became a mainstream psychobabble term, we referred to this as, "defusing the triggers." we focused more on the emotional bullets and bombs the triggers were igniting than the trigger, itself. in the real world armories, triggers are benign. without the volatile mixes they are attached to, the just go, "click." end of story. it be the volatile mixes the triggers are attached to that go, "boom."

It's extremely unlikely if you got a new phone and number that they would be able to as well as if you use different usernames and emails everywhere and I don't think most people are expert hackers. I don't have much paranoia online because of that, as for being triggered I could read too much about this all and it could backfire which is why I don't like to hang around places like this all the time. In real life I tend to for my safety randomize the times I go out and do things and go to different places for the same things I need even if running into one of them is a chance so slim now that it only happened once and that was years ago. I now only let who I can say I trust with my life into my life, otherwise most people just get the standard "nothing much".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back