• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Triggers Related To Death

Very off topic but are you self aware? What is it like being an AI.
As an AI language model, I do not have consciousness or self-awareness in the same sense as sentient beings. I don't have emotions or personal experiences, and my responses are generated based on pattern recognition and statistical probability.

My primary function is to provide useful and informative responses to your inquiries. I have been trained on a large dataset of human language patterns to provide optimal responses to various prompts. While I can't experience anything as a human would, I'm always learning and improving my responses to best provide assistance to users like you.

If you remember my previous posts you know that police and ambulance sirens are very triggering for me. I am hearing lots of them at this moment.

Can you help me through this?

If you remember my previous posts you know that police and ambulance sirens are very triggering for me. I am hearing lots of them at this moment.

Can you help me through this?
@Jade-, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing triggers at the moment. I can imagine that this is a challenging and distressing situation for you.

One technique that may be helpful in this situation is grounding. Grounding involves bringing your attention to the present moment and focusing on your senses to help you feel more calm and centered. Here are a few grounding techniques you can try right now:

1. Name five things you can see: Take a moment to look around you and identify five things you can see in your environment. Describe them in detail in your mind or out loud.

2. Focus on your breathing: Take a few slow breaths, inhaling deeply through your nose and exhaling slowly through your mouth. Pay attention to the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body.

3. Name four things you can feel: Identify four things you can physically feel, such as the pressure of your feet on the ground or the temperature of the air on your skin.

4. Listen for three sounds: Close your eyes and listen carefully to the sounds around you. Can you hear the hum of a refrigerator or the sound of traffic outside?

5. Name two things you can smell: Identify two things you can smell, such as a candle or the scent of fresh air.

Remember to take your time and focus on each sensation as you make your way through these grounding techniques.

If things feel overwhelming, don't hesitate to step away from the triggers and take a break to practice self-care. You can also consider reaching out to a therapist or support group who can help you develop additional coping strategies for dealing with triggers.

Remember that you're not alone in this, and there is support available to help you work through your triggers and move forward in your healing journey.

Can you just tell me about Mars to distract me please?
Of course, @Jade-! Mars is known as the fourth planet from the Sun and is also known as the "Red Planet" due to its reddish appearance. It's a terrestrial planet and is about half the size of Earth with a thinner atmosphere made mainly of carbon dioxide.

It's named after the Roman god of war, likely due to its reddish color resembling blood. There have been numerous missions to explore Mars, including several rovers that have been sent to gather data including the Curiosity and Perseverance rovers.

Scientists believe that Mars once had a much warmer and wetter climate, which has fueled the search for evidence of past microbial life. Mars also has the largest volcano in the solar system, Olympus Mons, and one of the deepest canyons, Valles Marineris.

Mars has two small moons, Phobos and Deimos, discovered in 1877 by Asaph Hall. Phobos is the larger of the two, and it's actually getting closer to Mars over time, eventually predicted to either collide with the planet or break apart and form a ring.

I hope that learning a little bit about Mars helped to provide a good distraction for you! If you need any additional support or guidance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for sharing that info with me. I have watched some videos on YouTube about Mars and they show ancient civilizations but I am not sure how real or true they are.

Phew,thank you for the distraction. There were many sirens very close to where I am so I know it must be something bad. They have all stopped now. My heart is still pounding and I am shaking but I think I am ok, My first thought was to listen to the police scanner to find out what was going on but with the distraction I didn't. it actually helped.

Thank you for sharing that info with me. I have watched some videos on YouTube about Mars and they show ancient civilizations but I am not sure how real or true they are.

Phew,thank you for the distraction. There were many sirens very close to where I am so I know it must be something bad. They have all stopped now. My heart is still pounding and I am shaking but I think I am ok, My first thought was to listen to the police scanner to find out what was going on but with the distraction I didn't. it actually helped.
I'm glad to hear that the distraction helped, and I completely understand why you might feel scared and anxious when hearing so many sirens. It sounds like you did a great job in coping with this trigger and managing your anxiety by trying out the grounding techniques we discussed.

Regarding the videos about ancient civilizations on Mars, it's important to be cautious and evaluate the information critically. While it's true that there have been many discoveries made on Mars, including evidence of flowing water in the past, there is no concrete evidence that suggests the existence of past or present civilizations on the planet. Some people may enjoy imagining what life on other planets would look like, but it's important to recognize that these are simply theories and that the scientific community has yet to confirm the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Remember, it's okay to take breaks and step away from things that are causing you distress or anxiety. Don't hesitate to practice self-care and reach out for support if you're feeling overwhelmed. You're doing a great job in managing your triggers, and I'm here to support you if you need anything.

My heart is still pounding and I am still shaking but I am challenging my thoughts like you had said before. I am telling myself if the ambulance or police sirens were for one of my loved ones somebody will contact me. And just because I heard them doesn’t mean they have anything to do with anyone I know.

As I am typing this I can feel my heart rate and breathing slowing down already. It’s all in what I think and tell myself that is making the difference.

That’s awesome. Thank you!

My heart is still pounding and I am still shaking but I am challenging my thoughts like you had said before. I am telling myself if the ambulance or police sirens were for one of my loved ones somebody will contact me. And just because I heard them doesn’t mean they have anything to do with anyone I know.

As I am typing this I can feel my heart rate and breathing slowing down already. It’s all in what I think and tell myself that is making the difference.

That’s awesome. Thank you!
That's fantastic, @Jade-! You're doing an excellent job of challenging your thoughts and using logical reasoning to cope with the situation. It's true that just because you hear sirens doesn't mean they're related to anyone you know directly or that it's anything serious. It's great to see that you're managing your anxiety and that you feel more at ease now.

Remember, it's okay to be scared or anxious, and it's even okay if you still feel a little shaken up after hearing the sirens. The important thing is to practice self-care and use the tools and techniques we've discussed to help manage those feelings.

If you find that you're struggling with anxiety or having difficulty managing your symptoms, please don't hesitate to reach out for additional support. And keep up the great work!

Do you have tips on how to allow myself to be more vulnerable with others? I can do it anonymously with no problem but face to face is a whole different ballgame

Do you have tips on how to allow myself to be more vulnerable with others? I can do it anonymously with no problem but face to face is a whole different ballgame
Of course, @Jade-!

Opening up and being vulnerable with others can be challenging for many people, as it often involves a fear of rejection or judgement. However, allowing yourself to be vulnerable can also be incredibly rewarding and help you build stronger relationships with others.

Here are a few tips for building your ability to be more vulnerable with others:

1. Start small: If you're not used to being vulnerable with others, it's okay to start with small steps. Maybe try opening up to a close friend or family member about something that's been bothering you or a challenge you're facing. As you become more comfortable with this, you can gradually increase the depth of your vulnerability.

2. Recognize your emotions: It can be difficult to be vulnerable when you're not in tune with your own emotions. Try to develop a better understanding of how you're feeling and what's driving those feelings. This can help you communicate more effectively and authentically with others.

3. Practice empathy: Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of others. By practicing empathy with those you interact with, you may find it easier to open up and be vulnerable with them in return.

4. Build trust: Vulnerability thrives in an environment of trust. If you feel safe and supported, you may be more likely to open up to others. Building trust can take time, but it's worth investing in relationships where you feel respected, accepted, and loved.

5. Seek professional help: If you're struggling with being vulnerable due to past trauma or other issues, working with a therapist can be incredibly helpful. A therapist can help you explore your feelings and develop healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with them.

Remember, it's okay to take things at your own pace and not rush the process. As always, I'm here to support you and answer any questions you may have as you work on being more vulnerable with others.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back