• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraemerald

MyPTSD Pro
Sometimes I feel like I am lying when I am telling my story. Sometimes I can't believe it happened. But it did.
Sometimes I wonder if it is related to the fact that my dad called me a liar almost everyday of my life growing up from the time I was a little girl. Sometimes I feel guilty for things I'm not doing or think that someone might think I am doing something wrong and accuse me of something I didn't do.

Oh yea -- I tell my Ts that I am making it all up at least once a month. They say it's a pretty normal reaction because accepting what happened is so hard. Just last week I challenged her to explain to me how she knows I'm not just delusional (answer: can't fake body reactions). I sometimes think it would be easier to be delusional because there are drugs that can treat that and make it go away. Then I wouldn't be stuck having to work through all these stupid memories.

Guilt? Yep - got that. We are just starting to get into how guilty I feel that I didn't say anything - which may have led to others going thru what I did. T says it's all part of the process. oh yea..

Oh yea -- I tell my Ts that I am making it all up at least once a month. They say it's a pretty normal r...
Exactly. Sometimes I feel what I went through never really happened but i bet it was because from a young age, I started to learn how to act as if everything was normal because i was so embarassed about where I came from and wanted to pretend everything was so normal at home and everything was Ok.

I’m with you. I have this written on every mirror in my house to remind me I’m NOT crazy:

What I went through HAPPENED.
Who I was EXISTED.

Not sure where I read it, but it helps me ~ keep in mind a less than ideal upbringing set the stage for me and my big T wasn’t until I was 28 through 40. I actually kinda liked the woman/girl I’d become previously.

Oh well...

I already told my T my first visit that I'm crazy like one of those alien abduction people even though there's physical permanent damage. I didn't know this was a normal thing to constantly deny things while knowing they happened. It makes me feel a little better.

I think sometimes I want it all to be a lie, so I can go back to the relative calm of covering up and dissociating. Dealing with things are very difficult, especially when confronted with distrust and disgust as a child. It makes one fear that the liar gains more love than the truthsayer. Not consciously , but that is certainly the way of judge my behaviour from the outside.

It's good to see others trying to tell their therapist they are a liar . I thought it was just me. Thankyou for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back