• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trying Again - Not Sure What To Do Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pol

New Here
Hi, keep tring to post but can't quite work out what I want to say or in what order. Anyway- i was diagnosed with ptsd a while back now, forget when, maybe january- have seen too many different people at too many different appts to keep track anymore.

I have tried so many things to deal with this and learn to live with it somehow, but now i have run out of ideas (and energy) and come to a brick wall. I tried 3 different types of meds and hated them and ended up making things worse for myself by just stopping overnight and then having all the withdrawl stuff to deal with too. I have had therapy for trauma, which lasted about 8 weeks and used mostly emdr- that did help a lot and i made some big shifts in that time, but now i feel like they're all falling away again. Am moving from trauma therapy to phobia therpay for the residual phobic stuff but am not making any progress with the stuff i'm s'posed to be doing for myself until the appt comes thru.

Since i hit this lull between trauma and phobia therpay i feel like i've done a 6 month u turn- my drinking went way back up again tho I've kinda got a hold of that at the mo. A few days back I went to try something new and saw a thought field therapist- i was really into this idea and it sounded right up my street, but i really didn't get it and it did nothing for me- in the end i was just agreeing that my feelings were easing so i could get the hell out of there.

Now i'm not really sure where to turn next. I had been quite into the idea of EFT but i read that this is similar to the thought field therapy so not so sure now.

The psych team haven't really been any help at all- everything they suggest or do seems to be the exact opposite to what i say i might think will help so am trying to keep pretending to them that everything is better so they discharge me as they just seem to excaerbate everything.

Anyway, any ides gratefull received- am hoping that finding this place and starting to post will help a bit- and maybe give me back my motivation to beat this thing coz right now i feel like i could just sit back and let it win

Pol xxx

Hi Pol,

Glad that you have joined us.....Welcome.

Wen

Since i hit this lull between trauma and phobia therpay i feel like i've done a 6 month u turn- my drinking went way back up again tho I've kinda got a hold of that at the mo.

really, is your drinking like a weather cycle or your heart rate?

im sure there involved the following step:
1) you buying alcohol
2) you putting the alcohol to your lips
3) you drinking the alcohol

you can never expect to get better with behavior that continues like this and your casual attitude about it "my drinking went up again"

you've come to the right place, please try to take advantage of all the resources here

-Squarepusher

Not sure where you see a "casual attitude". I see no behavior that needs to stop to get better, it goes way beyond just stop drinking and your world we be all warm and fuzzy. They came here looking for help and that is what they will find. They also said they have their drinking under control right now, you may do well at taking what someone types at face value.

Welcome to the forum, please do not troll.

Like Pol, not sure what to do.

Not even sure what to do next, first forum step.
PTSD, Depression, Alcohol abuse are on my list of ailments.
Can now add a new one, Parkinsons.
Am I in the right or even good place here.
I`m new to computers, a real dinosaur so be kind, please.
What do I do next ?

Hi Sobat, your in the right place if you have PTSD.... keep reading, keep talking here, get to know how to use a forum and enjoy.

Hi Pol,
Glad you found this forum i think it helps in many ways more than anything i've come across feels like a lot of genuiness here too hope you find the same.Sounds a struggle with your drinking,good luck you with everything.
Ruth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back