• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trying This Out - Not Yet Diagnosed, But Apparently Have PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgunner

New Here
Don't know were to begin, so many things come to mind. I have not been diagnosed with ptsd, allthough, my doc. wants to do a work up on that area.
Bipolar for certin, seems to have gotten much worse as the years go by. much has happened in my life, been delt a pretty bad hand from many people in my life, so many unaswered why's. Why would a father do these things, why put HER kids before us? Why would a wife screw your SO COLD friend, ruin your career. Just thinking of it makes my head hurt!
Then they ask, Well? WHAT set him off!:gunem-dow

Welcome tailgunner.

Check the buttons on the top of the screen. There is a forms button and in that area are some tools to check what your symptoms are, that may help some.

Also go through the learn section as it may help you understand what PTSD is and what it means.

Again, welcome.

bec

welcome tailgunner, listen to Bec she is smart learn all you can about PTSD cause thats the best way you can face this beast know all about it. welcome .

Hi tailgunner, welcome to the forum. Whislt reading in the info sections, you might want to look at a piece regarding multiple diagnosis, being PTSD encompasses many actual other diagnosis, and one that is most often confused is Bi-Polar. Those with PTSD often display traits or the symptoms of bipolar, though are not actually bipolar themselves. It is the PTSD that causes it to look that way, nothing more. Doctors just love them labels though... that is for sure. If you have this pre-existing any trauma within your life, then I would side with the doctor, being bipolar, though if not, then you may need to rethink what any doctor says in this regard.

Thanx for the welcome, as you can tell, I did do the form, will consult w/ my Doc on next visit! I learned a lot in a short time from you folks, have had problems in the past, don't know if it is significant, but when I read about Dr. Roerich, then the attack thing, I wonder, see, I saw the WHOLE thing from the Varissona Brige, in NYC, on my way to Long Island for a load. Seeing those people above the wreckage, w/ no forseeable way out, JUMPING, with my own eyes, this brought feelings I thought I had fogotten. GB them ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back