• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

UGH Feeling So Sorry for Myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora

MyPTSD Pro
I am just so sad and frustrated with everything. I need to feel happy right now and all i can think of is....i am a complete and total...failure.

It is most certainly not true that you are a total failure Pandora. What is making you think so?

I just feel like any relationship i have ever had ends in failure....i am really having a poor me day and hope this passes soon.

I just feel alone and rotton today and just not good enough for anyone. I can't work. I can barely make it to the end of the day right now and I am scared that I am going to feel this way for a very long time. i know I have to change my mindset but right now optomism seems impossible.

I just don't feel good today....thank you for responding Kathy.

Ah a failed relationship, yes I now I recall you broke up with someone recently? That is difficult for anyone, the rejection is especially difficult. However having a partner does not define you nor is it a measure of your worth. You are a good and worthwhile person unto yourself, if someone else does not wish to be with you it is their loss. And regarding not working, it seems to me you are disabled at the moment, correct? That is also not a measure of your worth. Perhaps try to think of a few positives about yourself? I can think of several, however it is important for you to realize them yourself. In any event, take good care.

Thanx Kathy....I know I have to do this....unfortunately my frame of mind is not great. I am also exhausted from no sleep so i really am not thinking logically or very clear at the moment. (At least I realize that) So anyway thanx again. I am going to take an ativan and hopefully I can stop these frigging tears and this negative thinking that is just taking over at the moment to lessen for a bit.

Perhaps a nice relaxing shower or bath, a cup of tea or chocolate and then a good sleep if you can manage it? That is what I do when I feel overwhelmed or very tearful. Try to have a good night and take care.

Thank You so much for your words of encouragement. I guess sometimes I just need someone to remind me of the good things in my life. The good really does outweigh the bad sometimes but when my mind goes into over drive....i need a reality check, a good kick in the arse or just support as you gave me. So, again, thank you very much.

I had a friend come over after work and she helped me too. We are actually moving in together in 2 months...and that is a big positive. i slept 7 hours too and that helped and I did not let myself stay home today and feel sorry for myself. I went to visit my cousin this afternoon. My son was with his grandpa (Papa) so i also had a break. I have special needs children here all the time. I love them all but sometimes they are louder and more demanding than a NT.
My friend is coming after work as well. I know I isolate but at least I realize that now, before I did not. You take care too and i hope your entire family is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back