Up and Down - Have your partners ever given you feedback that they are up and down or quickly changeable?

Skate

New Here
I am worried that there is something wrong with me.

Each boyfriend has described me as 'up and 'down, change so quickly, nearly crying then laughing, changeable.

A Turkish boyfriend said, ' I would never marry you because mental. Sometimes you are smiling and sometimes not smiling.'

I hate this label and it makes me worried about meeting someone new.

I have been to see psychologists and therapists and they have all said that I don't have a psychiatric condition.

Has anyone else had the same feedback?

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
there is not a psychiatric pro on the planet who will deny that i have several psychiatric conditions, but outside of those strictly personal factors, life is an up and down proposition. even my chickens and donkeys have good days and bad days.

i took a moment to browse your previous posts and find myself wondering if you are in a spiritual crisis. perhaps some grounding in a religious community? i had no religious foundation in my own childhood, but along my own healing journey, i have come to a solid belief that if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

just wondering. . .

gentle support while you sort.

Skate

New Here
Why then post on a PTSD forum?
Your response comes across as quite blunt/rude. I was referring to psychiatric conditions such as bi-polar disorder, borderline, etc. My question was for people with PTSD and have their partners ever given them feedback that they are up and down or quickly changeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Friday

Your response comes across as quite blunt/rude.
I would rather simply ask, if I don’t know, than assume.

My question was for people with PTSD and have their partners ever given them feedback that they are up and down or quickly changeable.
Yep, yep. In my own life, in quite a few different ways.

What I nickname the “PTSD Tangp”

INTENSE! …isolate… INTENSE! …isolate… INTENSE! …isolate…

Is probably the one version I read the most gripes/confusion about over in the Supporters section, whilst at the same time in my own life, is one of the things most appreciated by my partners. I have no idea what the ratios look like IRL, as people rarely pose questions & seek support for things that are either not a problem, or are a benefit in their lives.

That’s only one of many hot/cold & prone to swinging back and forth between extremes I’ve experienced as either a sufferer or supporter.

Movingforward10

MyPTSD Pro
For me,my partner might say I am angry or irritable. And it will come asasuprise to me because *I am not*. But I have been with my partner for 18 years, I trust her judgement , she wouldn't gaslight me, so whilst I don't think I am feeling angry or irritable at times, if she points it out I now take notice and reflect.
Mainly because for decades I have abandoned my emotions and it's been a work in progress to know exactly what it is I am feeling.

So, do you fully trust the feedback from people who are telling you this?
And if you stop and reflect about yourself, do you think they are right?