Research UPDATED - Research investigating the impact of trauma type on perceptions of defeat. Can you help us?

Study title: A study investigating the impact of trauma type on perceptions of defeat

NHS Ethics Approval number: 293056

Hi,

My name is Rachel Ashwick and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at the University of Oxford.

As part of my doctorate, I am conducting a research study to find out more about how the type and number of traumas someone experiences affects their perception of feeling defeated and the severity of their posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We are interested in hearing from people who have experienced a trauma, have symptoms of PTSD and have not yet had therapy for it. If you would like to take part, please go to the following link for more information and to complete the anonymous questionnaires: https://psychiatryoxford.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0CYNHj2tYPRMmfs. Or if you would like to speak to the researcher or get a paper copy of the results, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you very much for your time and your help with this!

Best wishes,

Rachel Ashwick.

Trainee Clinical Psychologist (Under the supervision of Professor Craig Steel)

Rachel Ashwick | Trainee Clinical Psychologist | Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust | University of Oxford | The Oxford Institute of Clinical Psychology Training and Research | The Oxford Centre for Psychological Health | Isis Education Centre | Warneford Hospital | Oxford | OX3 7JX

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Study title: A study investigating the impact of trauma type on perceptions of defeat

NHS Ethics Approval number: 293056

Hi,

My name is Rachel Ashwick and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at the University of Oxford.

As part of my doctorate, I am conducting a research study to find out more about how the type and number of traumas someone experiences affects their perception of feeling defeated and the severity of their posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We are interested in hearing from people who have experienced a trauma, have symptoms of PTSD and have not yet had therapy for it. If you would like to take part, please go to the following link for more information and to complete the anonymous questionnaires: https://psychiatryoxford.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0CYNHj2tYPRMmfs. Or if you would like to speak to the researcher or get a paper copy of the results, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you very much for your time and your help with this!

Best wishes,

Rachel Ashwick.

Trainee Clinical Psychologist (Under the supervision of Professor Craig Steel)

Rachel Ashwick | Trainee Clinical Psychologist | Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust | University of Oxford | The Oxford Institute of Clinical Psychology Training and Research | The Oxford Centre for Psychological Health | Isis Education Centre | Warneford Hospital | Oxford | OX3 7JX

[email protected]
Just to add... We are looking for people who meet the following study criteria:
- Are aged 18 or above
- Have experienced either interpersonal (caused by someone else) or non-interpersonal traumas (e.g. accidents, natural disasters) but not both
- Have symptoms of PTSD
- Have not yet started psychological treatment for their PTSD

Thank you to those who have completed it so far. I am very very grateful for your help :)

Hi everyone,

Thanks again to those who have taken part so far.

We noticed that participants had been attempting to take part in the study but were being excluded because they have had therapy for PTSD in the past. We have now removed this criteria so more people can take part.

If you attempted to take part before but were unable to complete the survey because of this, I would be so so grateful if you would kindly try again. I am sorry for this inconvenience and so thankful for your help!

Have a lovely day.

Rachel.