• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Usage of Pot for PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthoney

Do You know people that use pot for there therapy and dose it have a bad or good efect on the brain? I always thought that it would lower the sratonin level in the brain and eventually the person taking it would be constantly in
negative mode or is that not true?

Scarlette, I broke this post out of the information sections, as they are not for general chat or questions, but for information pertaining to PTSD areas.

Yes, I do know people who use pot to treat their PTSD, and it does work for them, however; these very people have also faced most of their traumas, thus they only use it in small doses to calm them when exposed to excess axiety or stressful situation.

Ok Thanks Anthoney!!!

I have friends who do pot.But Don't we all have those kind of friends or kin. one of my favorite singers Willie Nelson dose pot and it dose not make a never mined I was just wondering what could be th long term effects and if you think it should be legalized ? for meds.?

I think it just depends on the person, and the pot. Its not the same stuff they had in the 60's and its easy to get a hold of some bad stuff. For me personally. Handling my PTSD is about control. When I smoke pot Im not in control and that scares me. I personaly cant drink or smoke pot or hardly take any meds. If Im not in control of myself I will freak out. I dont see how it would help anyone who is in the depths of PTSD.

There has been research on this for years, some positive, some negative, blah blah blah... the list goes on. The difference is I guess, is that prescription medication is most likely worst for you in the long term than smoking pot at prescribed levels. If you abuse anything, you suffer more. People think that if they abuse pot, then it is acceptable, yet they won't abuse prescription medications to the same levels, because the could die.

Peoples mentality is their own worst enemy IMHO for helping pot be legalized. Some countries can get away with it already in small amounts for prescription purposes... some countries are legalized, some not. I think its just a matter of accepting what laws a country has as the majority in favour at the time to be honest.

If a country says yes or no to something, its not generally the item itself in question, its more the person/s presenting the facts and arguments for the item.

CD, I can SO relate! I have such a hard time when I'm not in control. Perhaps that is why I've never touched an illicit drug...

I've never touched an illicit drug either (pot's illegal in the states). I grew up with four out of five of my first cousins on my mother's side having addicition problems. My mom would say stuff like. "Oh by the way your uncle called and your cousin just broke her arm trying to escape from her third try in rehab, so please don't use drugs." Or. "Your uncle had to kick your cousin out of the house because he refused to get help for his addiction problems so don't do drugs." and of course the old stand by she still uses. "Don't forget you have a family history of alchoholism."

I was always too afraid to try that stuff but I sometimes wonder if it were legalised, standardised, and looked over by the Federal Drug Adminstration or the Bureau of Alchohol, Tabaco and Firearms if it wouldn't be that bad to use. I think if it's useful for medicinal purposes it should at least be allowed to be used for that. You don't have to smoke it and damage your lungs, I hear it can be put in food like brownies or spaghetti sauce.

I tell you what; I could have used it when I was on Percoset and so sick that I couldn't hold down food. And the pain of not being able to go to the bathroom was almost more painful than the origional reason I was taking Percoset. I hate to admit, it but if some had offered me pot during that painful time I would have taken it and said screw the guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back