• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

User Name Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mee

MyPTSD Pro
I get lots of typos in my typing. My closest friend and I often joke they are great user names as so random.

Signing up to a new place can be daunting and I chose ‘mee’ because it’s ‘me’ but long enough and I think it must be funny for people to think ‘me’ while typing to someone else.

Anyway, I know band names are a fun thread in some places, but I wondered if sharing any user names we have thought of and never used might be fun and then anyone looking blankly at their sign in page can always look here, take one and stay anonymous giving nothing away in their name choice.

I have had such problems trying to find names. On here I used to be BrucieLucy, named after our two (now late) cats. However I quickly discovered that people assume I’m a guy. I still use Brucie on some sites and can see the curiosity when I refer to my husband. In fact our dear (departed) Brucie cat was actually female, but that was only discovered some time after I’d named her. She was named after Bruce Guthro of Runrig. We got Brucie as a kitten the same weekend that we saw Runrig in concert.

I have had such problems trying to find names. On here I used to be BrucieLucy, named after our two (now late) cats. However I quickly discovered that people assume I’m a guy. I still use Brucie on some sites and can see the curiosity when I refer to my husband. In fact our dear (departed) Brucie cat was actually female, but that was only discovered some time after I’d named her. She was named after Bruce Guthro of Runrig. We got Brucie as a kitten the same weekend that we saw Runrig in concert.

I try usually to choose gender neutral names personally ( as a safety function) . It still tends to be assumed by default that unspecified gender equals Male.

Can I make a security suggestion? If you are using similar names on other websites or disclosing them please be conscientious about information you put out there. ?. For branding it makes sense to use one name everywhere. But as private people, it is a small security layer to use unlinked user names. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back