1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sufferer Using a hierarchy to help me slowly work up to sharing my story on here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hierarchy, Jun 10, 2018.

1. hierarchy

hierarchy New Member

Hi All,
    I am a new member to this site, though I have been lurking for awhile now thinking about what to say.
    I find it very difficult to talk about my experience in real life so I (with the help of my therapist) have made a hierarchy to help me slowly work up to sharing my story on here, in what I think is a pretty safe environment, with the goal of eventually being able to talk about it in person.
    This post is 20/100.
    If anyone reads this and is also feeling the same way, please know that I am here with you and although this is scary, I feel even a little empowered just by posting this very basic email.
    I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Be kind to yourselves!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Swift

Swift Well-Known Member

Hey, great post! Congrats for having the bravery to post, it's a massive step to take. Well done!
    Hopefully this will be a really validating and safe place to post. It has been for me.
    I found having a trauma diary really helpful, that may seem really scary and not an option at the moment for you, but it's been a really great space to declutter my brain.
    Well done again for posting.

4. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member

Having such an obviously great therapist as an ally will really help you in your healing journey. Welcome. I hope this site helps you as much as it's helped me.

5. Healing Hugs

Healing Hugs New Member

Welcome, this is a great site to have as support. I'm glad you were able to take this step.

6. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member Donated

Welcome and kudos for taking this step. I hope that you find support here.

7. piratelady

piratelady Not Broken Premium Member

Welcome! This site has been a great place for me to work through my PTSD issues and is full of supportive people. I hope you have the same experience. :)

mumstheword, ladee and AngelkeeperJ like this.
  8. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

Welcome!

AngelkeeperJ likes this.
  9. hierarchy

hierarchy New Member

Thank-you everyone :)

mumstheword, ladee and AngelkeeperJ like this.
  10. ladee

ladee All the hard work has been worth it ! Premium Member

Welcome, great beginning !! Take your time. This is the place to really be heard. To be supported. To be understood. Very grateful you started and hope you get all the help and encouragement you need ... it has helped me from the beginning... hope the same for you.