• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Viibryd (vilazodone)

Thread starter #1
Anyone have any experiences with this? My pdoc recommended this for my consistently low mood, maybe just temporarily. However, every single antidepressant I've been on has had terrible sex-related side effects on me (with the exception of Buspar, Wellbutrin, and Remeron, which just didn't do anything).

From what I have read about it it acts on the same mechanism as remeron/mirtazipine 5HT1a. So not a true SSRI and more like an antihistamine but unlike remeron doesn’t effect noradrenaline. Also has to be tapered down like Effexor because of withdrawal effects. I haven’t taken it though but did do some research on it while finding what worked for me. Have you tried any combo that worked for you or have you been sticking to one type at a time?

From what I have read about it it acts on the same mechanism as remeron/mirtazipine 5HT1a. So not a true SSRI and more like an antihistamine but unlike remeron doesn’t effect noradrenaline. Also has to be tapered down like Effexor because of withdrawal effects. I haven’t taken it though but did do some research on it while finding what worked for me. Have you tried any combo that worked for you or have you been sticking to one type at a time?
I take mirtazapine and it's ok. No major sexual frustration.

I take Effexor 150mg in the Morning along with buspar 10mg. Then buspar again mid day. At night I take 15mg mirtazipine buspar and 2mg prazosin. The Effexor and mirtazipine work synergistically. Either alone is very little benefit but together work quite well.

It is great paired with Effexor at a low dose because Effexor has a short half-life. Also low doses are great for sleep. The higher the dosage the more effect it has on noradrenaline. When I take Effexor it pulls me right out of the morning haze from the mirtazipine. That combo is known as California Rocket fuel for how quickly it turns depression/anxiety symptoms around.

It is great paired with Effexor at a low dose because Effexor has a short half-life. Also low doses are great for sleep. The higher the dosage the more effect it has on noradrenaline. When I take Effexor it pulls me right out of the morning haze from the mirtazipine. That combo is known as California Rocket fuel for how quickly it turns depression/anxiety symptoms around.
Interesting.

Top Bottom