• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

virtuous victimhood correlated with dark triad personality

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video seems related. Not dark triad but how CPTSD can look like narcissism. I found it triggering and helpful at the same time. I think the key to differentiation is self-awareness.

I just want to thank you for posting this video again, @OliveJewel. It was like she was speaking my thoughts (but better and more informed). She has a youtube channel called "Crappy Childhood Fairy" and has a bunch of videos on coping and healing from cptsd. I'm subscribing!

Has anyone read the recent research that demonstrates that a person signalling virtuous victimhood is an indicator of the dark triad personality - narcissism, machiavellianism, and psychopathy? Very interestingly, the person who identifies as virtuous and victim is more likely to cheat in a game, deceive, and do things to acquire more resources (they feel entitled). There is a negative correlation between victimhood and honesty and humility. In other words, the person identifying himself as victim has a high likelihood to not be honest and humble.

I've been exploring the darker sides of cptsd these days and would be interested in your thoughts.
Dark Triad sounds very much like my x husband. IDK what his fave superhero was but I definitely think that his early days growing up as a gay kid were key to him developing his inner horridness !

Status
Not open for further replies.