Research Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG) Patient Survey | Post-Procedural Trauma in Pediatric Patients And It's Effects On Their Well-Being Through Adulthood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade26

New Here
Hello, my name is Reyes and I am identifying ways to decrease the discomfort/trauma pediatric patients have experienced in the Voiding Cystourethrogram procedure (VCUG).

VCUG is a medical procedure used to test why children may have recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). I had this procedure as a child and found it to be a scary experience in my life. I was not well-informed about what was going to happen to my body, and did not even know the name of the procedure being done to my body. These factors not only influenced the way I saw healthcare, but also the way I understood my autonomy over my body. Over eleven years later, I shared my story on the internet and was able to find a community of people who shared my experiences and my traumas from VCUG. I found out information on what had happened to me, how the procedure went, and that I was not alone in having trauma from a pediatric invasive medical procedure. All of my findings lead to me to start my own path to healing.

This path includes you.

I am inviting people who have undergone the VCUG or believe they may have undergone the VCUG but are not sure to please fill out this anonymous survey. This 15-20 minute survey asks questions based on your experiences about the procedure and about your life post-procedure. I hope to provide a space for you to share your experience confidentially, while also opening up space for participants to ask me more questions about VCUG, my experience as a VCUG survivor, requests/recommendations for ways this procedure could have been better, and some support around ways to start your own path towards healing from medical-induced trauma.

You can find the survey here.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.