• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Waking startled by screaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSky

MyPTSD Pro
Has anyone had this happen before? Three times in the last few weeks I’m jerked awake from a deep sleep to the sound of a child screaming. I jump out of bed and run to check on kids and all are sleeping peacefully. I feel so panicked and hear it echoing in my head for long after.. no idea what the is.

Do you take any medication to help you sleep? I have had similar experiences because the medications cause me to dream more and have much more vivid ones. It occasionally takes a few minutes to realize that I was sleeping.

Do you think the screaming you heard was coming from you? I have many times in the last few months woken screaming. I could imagine being in the state of a dreaming mind upon waking and thinking the screaming was coming from someone else.

I know it’s not from me. My one year old cosleeps with me and he isn’t awake when it happens and if I screamed in his face I’m pretry sure he’d be awake! ;)

I was snooping around this forum in hopes I'd find someone else had this experience too!
Yes! This happens to me all the time and it is super unsettling. Have you found a way to help it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back