• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Weirdos on social media

• Thread starter Deleted member 46752
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46752

does anyone else get overwhelmed and fearful when they see heated arguments online and or stumble across general weird mean people? like the political zealot types, meme people, just general agents of chaos, etc? If so what is the best way to avoid such especially when you almost feel compelled to look?

true however I kind of got to "know" some people on there through a music group and many seemed to have evolved into awful people(or perhaps they always were?) and started bullying me so still have these urges to seek resolutions make amends

Ok so this is an important ptsd symptom that you do not have, hence why you would not be diagnosed with ptsd for your cyber bullying, in addition to it not being a criterion A trauma. That symptom being avoidance...

Ok so this is an important ptsd symptom that you do not have, hence why you would not be diagnose...
I never said my cptsd was solely the result of cyberbullying just that said activities aggravated such and caused things to come back to the surface

it seems a good vessel for narc abuse and peer abuse

Self-abuse is how it ended up feeling to me after a while. There's some things that trip my trigger damn near everywhere I go, be it in real life or online. I have to be my own best trigger manager, so to speak. Social media, specifically facebook, has the option where you can remove posts from your feed if you don't want to see it.

I'm much more of an observer than a participant in those arenas nowadays, but if something shows up on mine that I'd rather not see/engage with/spend my energies on, I remove it out of sight. Problem solved, until the next one pops up, however, I've found since I choose to delete that kind of stuff, much less of it shows up. If only real life could be managed that easily.

I must consciously choose to not let myself go there when I know it's likely going to wreck my nervous system and cause even more stress. If I'm already feeling super antsy and on edge, I know that social media, and usually the internet as a whole, is somewhere I shouldn't be in the moment, so I choose less screen and more green and head outside, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back