• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Well, I got dumped and my ptsd is out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

keystonegirl

New Here
My boyfriend decided he didn't want to stay with me. He decided to dump me early Sunday morning in a text. Wow, a text. Just what I needed. It's bad enough I'm trying to deal with the hypervigilance, the flashbacks, the times where I'm so scattered I don't know what I'm doing. I took off work today as I'm so lost I can't concentrate on anything. I realize I need time to acknowledge this loss. But, for now, I'm just a mess. I hate being this way. It's not easy for me to talk about my emotions surrounding my relationship. I guess I should though. I could use some help if anyone has any suggestions on how to move beyond this mess. Thanx. 😲

Helloooooooo StressCup! Blarg. Brick wall? Bang head. 🧱 Hate, just hate, when I’m already running hot to have even more stress + hurt/loss/pain/etc. added to the mix.

I could use some help if anyone has any suggestions on how to move beyond this mess.
If you’re not already conversant with PTSD stress responses? DO check out the link, above.

It can feel reductive, as it’s such an “I do this with EVERYTHING, I need something more tailored to this exact situation” …but? It’s become my absolute baseline. First? Be realistic about what’s going on in my life, that may be maxing out my stress levels.

Like an asthmatic checking the o2 levels, or a diabetic checking their blood sugar.

It doesn’t make any of what I’m currently experiencing any less valid.

It simply gives me a tool to BEGIN to manage what I’m currently experiencing.

I took off work today as I'm so lost I can't concentrate on anything. I realize I need time to acknowledge this loss. But, for now, I'm just a mess.
Good on you. I know it sucks, but it’s a reeeeally wise choice, to take the day -at least, if not the rest of the week- to just do you.

As far as tailored response to this exact issue beyond PTSD stress response? How do you normally manage breakups? What suits you right on down to your bones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back