• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Wellbutrin and coffee anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
My Pdoc told me not to drink coffee with this, as it multiplies the affects of it a lot. I was so dragged out today though, that I drank a bit of coffee, and now I am wide awake at almost 3 AM. Actually, it does not take this combo for me to be wide awake at this hour. I've been known to do that often on my own without the "aide" of medications. LOL...

Can you handle coffee with this medication, or are we better off avoiding it?

I don't think I have the same problems.

At 150mg, wellbutrin is okay, but at 300mg I go f*cking nuts with anxiety and hypervig. and panic and everything.

Every morning I take 150mg bupropion XR, and wash it down with a half pot of coffee. The coffee buzz and caffeination of my day feels about like it did before I was on wellbutrin, and the wellbutrin seems to work as normal. The only drug I have noticed a difference in, is nicotine - it has made my nicotine buzzes less enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back