• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Went down on welbutrin to add new med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellabella44

MyPTSD Pro
I've been put on vraylar for my bipolar. My aprn lowered my welbutrin and I don't think it's a good idea now. Since my husband got home I've been thinking about adding some of his beer to my non alcoholic ones. He's done with his now but I kept seeing myself do it. Ill take my meds for the night and go to bed when he does. Hopefully this will be better tomorrow.

I have my med appointment tomorrow night so ill tell her about this. I know relapse can happen but I really don't want to start this all over again. Took 7 tries to get sober. And I almost didn't make it. I've worked hard to get here.

I might start looking for a support type of thing for drinking but it didn't go well last time I tried. Too many people in a tiny room. Its been years though and I couldn't say " I'm an alcoholic" back then either. Problem is finding a non religious group.

Its not bothered me before. I guess partly because what I really want and crave is vodka. I might have to switch up on my placebo. His whole family drinks at holidays and family get togethers so having the fake stuff has worked for me. I know this is my depression telling me to sneak some in. I'm usually playing a game online while he watches the stock reports news which bores me to death. I don't think I'd have kept thinking of it if I hadn't had some Christmas ornaments to finish in the same room as him.

My aprn lowered my welbutrin and I don't think it's a good idea now.
Holidays can be a really tough time to do med changes. Can you get in touch with your prescriber about reverting back to your previous dosing, and trying again once you're not in the middle of things like:
His whole family drinks at holidays and family get togethers
If you know you've coped better with this type of situation in the past, on a different med combo, it's very legit to ask to restore that until the season passes.

She believes that if I'm back on the welbutrin dosage that I might be more likely to tip into mania and after having found some foods like coffee bring me to a manic bit this weekend I can see why that's a concern.

She has now said every other day for welbutrin on previous dosage. Ill start that tomorrow.

The big thing is that the bipolar had been in remission for a few years. And is now hitting me with all it has. My ptsd symptoms are mostly controlled thankfully because I don't think I could manage them both at full strength again. It wasn't pretty the first time.

No. She's my second aprn so hadn't seen me when I was first sober. She knows about it though. I've been doing ok with placebo of sparkling grape juice and non alcoholic beer. Not kidding myself that its got some alcohol in it still.

When I'm in a depressed phase I have needed some other support. I'm not in that right now, but I know it will come back. So any suggestions ill take to her when I see her after new years. ( we don't go out for new years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back