• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Went To A Crazy Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

becvan

MyPTSD Pro
Well on Friday night, Matt and I went to the CLE, which is a fair here, with Ryan and a few of his kids.

I haven't been to the fair in a loooong time. LOL.

Matt didn't do very well, almost passed out on us actually. So we had to take him home. However he did last a good hour which was wonderful!

I went back and went on three rides (granted I was white-knuckled on two of them.. and had to work through some major anxiety.. but I did so without pills) ate like a pig, shopped, and wandered the crowds with Ryan.

Thank god for that man! He was great. He seems to be able to pick up on my panic button hitting rather quick and would push or pull me through crowds, stand beside or behind me to prevent others from touching me and outright goad me into trying stuff. Hard to refuse a full grown man grinning like a little kid!

I never thought I could handle going into a crowded, noisy filled place like that! I had so much fun, even despite the anxiety, and I am so damn proud of myself for doing it.. and grateful to Ryan for being such a great support (and pushing me into it in the first place!)

Next: gotta try a concert! LOL

bec

LOL I totally understand the feeling that fair is full of crazy people omg! Alwase seems like everyone is running around yelling! Great place to let loose and feel like a kid again though.. I alwase go to the fair just for fried dough!! Ugg I use to love the rides but seems as you get older they seem so much more dangerous haha! Still fun to go out and test your nerves though lol

I will just tell you again how proud of you I am that you went out and did all those things. You have been doing such a bang up job since you moved. I think we have both learned with PTSD it is so much about location!

Hey Bec,

WOW....Rides...OMG.. I would have lost my lunch on a ride. Just can't do them anymore.

I am glad that you went too. Having PTSD can rob you of all sorts of enjoyment, if we fail to work through the crap. Anxiety, if you can remember......Yeah it sucks but it's just an emotion from a previous trauma. It makes us feel like crap, but it really can't hurt us. You just need to keep exposing yourself a little at a time to the things that are uncomfortable, in order to desensitize yourself to the anxiety. Baby Steps hon.

Your doing great. We had an Indian POW WOW here last night.(1 Block from my apartment) I would have gone........Had the floors been stable, the plumbing been fixed, and the volcano not been happening.

You overcame a fear.....Great Job!!!! Yes do the concert next......

Many hugs, and much calm thoughts your way,

Wen

Well done to both you & Matt!

So what concert are you thinking about going to?

Glad to hear your having fun.

Well done bec and matt.... amazing what you find yourself doing when you just do it, not over-think it!!! Well done.

Wonderful accomplishment Bec! You should be very proud of yourself, and of Matt as well. Ryan sounds lovely, I am delighted you have him for support and friendship.

Wow I could not have done that Bec, even with someone accompanying me. That is really awesome, congratulations!

Great going, Bec!!!!! I'm glad you've found someone to do all of these fun things with you and Matt.

You go, girl!

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back