1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Went To See a VVCS Counsellor Today

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Lee, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Member

I was so relieved to be there, to be able to tell someone objective what had been going on....I honestly thought I'd just blubber all the way through it...but in the end I was surprisingly calm and logical about it all.

She was not surprised to see me again. I last saw her in Oct last year, a few months after W had gone off his meds and she said I seemed resigned to a life living with a withdrawn, angry, unloving man....for the sake of the kids and to keep the peace. She's probably right, except he upped the ante over Christmas (typical ptsd) and everything fell apart.

Everything I told her about his behaviour she said was classic ptsd symptoms. She set my mind at rest that I had not contributed and that he was classically trying to control the areas in his life that he can, in order to try and reduce overall stress. To him that means emotionally abusing us and trying to control everything at home.

He is away at the moment and will see her, alone, when he gets back. I hope she can make him see sense and to go back into his own counselling and back onto his medication. That he has a loving wife who looks after him and the kids in the best possible way that she can while also working full-time and with him away a lot. And 3 beautiful children who are growing into adults and who need to be lovingly mentored, not abusively controlled.
    X to all.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Silently Watching Founder

I know what your saying Lee... hell, I used to one of those arseholes that did the same thing, simply not knowing what was going on. Education is king with PTSD... you just can't know enough, because there is always something more to learn, something more to help sufferers and spouses cope, become stress free and move into a loving life together. Its hard, but both must obviously do it, not one or the other... usually the way.
  4. Brandy

Brandy New Member

Lee you are so strong! Sometimes I hear how ptsd affects lives like yours, and I feel so blessed with my situation. I wish you all the best and I hope he will go back to therapy and help himself get better. You obviously deserve someone who will you love unconditionally as you love him. Good luck