General What are they thinking?

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
Thanks, @Friday!

He HATES shopping yet he tries at least once a week by himself. He rarely buys anything. He might walk in and turn right back around. He might just take a quick lap around the store or not even make it out of his car. But he tries!! Every. Week. He.Tries. And impresses the hell out of me every time. When he really needs something we go together.

Freida

MyPTSD Pro
It was comical. Not in a ha ha way but in a darn it feels good to be normal, way. Freida is on the opposite side of the country and literally dealing with the same stuff.
That's awesome!!! 😁
And yes - it does help to know it's not justme. A lot.

Did you schedule some downtime, @Freida ? Maybe send all of them to the movies so you can chill out for a few hours?
yep -- I'm currently hiding in the bedroom
We are hosting dinner but it's just us and dads so...it should be good.

Don’t. Laughter that speaks ‘I love you’ & ‘f*ck that noise’ in the same impulsive breath? Is pure gold. It’s truth. It’s allowance. It’s a smack on the nose. All in one go. Good stuff.
yepper!! Sis is having a hard brain day to and she and I were cracking ourselves up this morning trying to make cranberry sauce. Between the two of us we didn't have 1/2 a working brain - but instead of being sad it got really, really funny
He HATES shopping yet he tries at least once a week by himself. He rarely buys anything. He might walk in and turn right back around. He might just take a quick lap around the store or not even make it out of his car. But he tries!! Every. Week. He.Tries. And impresses the hell out of me every time. When he really needs something we go together.
Tell him to get the damn dog!!!!!! ☺️
Seriously - I remember how hard it was before SD. Now it's still a challenge some times but night and day different.

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
I knew you would mention a dog!! We are gonna wait until we buy a house with a yard. Hopefully in the spring.

He didn't end up going with me to the Thanksgiving festivities. He slept the day away. He said he was sorry and didn't understand why it always happens during the holidays. I told him he's had some horrible holidays through the years, this is depression and anniversary reactions.

I went to my niece's by myself. Everyone asks "Where's J"? My sister asked first and I said "he's sad today". Then she asked "why"? Ugh. "If I have to explain, it's pointless". (She pissed me off!!) To everyone else I told them he's sad and thinking about his brothers and that he's had very traumatic holidays and he's feeling guilty for surviving.

Everyone understood. Especially my niece's and nephews. They were empathetic and supportive.

He hasn't eaten since Wednesday and all he's been doing is sleeping and vomiting. We're off today so I'm gonna feed him and maybe we'll take a drive. Or maybe just hang at home and get the last of the leaves up.

Next up. Christmas. Blah!!

Freida

MyPTSD Pro
Everyone understood. Especially my niece's and nephews. They were empathetic and supportive.
This is soooo very important!

And I get it -- I think I've only made it to my neices bday twice over the years because it's the worst part of january. always makes me feel like crap but.....
I knew you would mention a dog!! We are gonna wait until we buy a house with a yard. Hopefully in the spring.
😁😁 😁

Ok - if the dog has to wait then SAW!!!!!
Hey - it's the only thing that's really worked for me...and since he's basically my brother from another mother...... just sayin! 😊