• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are you doing (or not doing) for Father's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weird for those of us with complications. I'm getting my dad a gift (which is incredibly challenging and also late in the mail) and a card. I'll do the song and dance that I dread every year. We have a pretty ok relationship now that I am an adult, but that's been my choice and by virtue of my forgivenes. So an anti-celebration would be nice, if only for some balance.

It is weird for those of us with complications. I'm getting my dad a gift (which is incredibly challenging and also late in the mail) and a card. I'll do the song and dance that I dread every year. We have a pretty ok relationship now that I am an adult, but that's been my choice and by virtue of my forgivenes. So an anti-celebration would be nice, if only for some balance.
I'm sending a card. I'm giving myself permission to not talk to him on the phone.

I really don't feel up to it; I also feel super guilty about it, and hoping that I will suddenly talk to him. I can't get rid of the guilt so I'll just try to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back