• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

goingonhope

MyPTSD Pro
I'll start. ................

I feel a greatly alarmed.
I feel very angry.
I feel cautious.
I feel confused.
I feel depressed.

I feel disgusted with the influences of the world. Specifically tv and its content, as well as, gen. socially acceptable, societal hidden teachings.

I feel distanced from contact and/or intimacy with family, friends, people in general (all of humanity). Intimacy to me does not mean sex.

I feel embarrassment, for having been so vulnerable in my past and for so long, and for now feeling so wounded and confused. I feel humiliated.

I feel horrifed as I continue to be honest with myself about my trauma(s).

I guess I identified some of my feeling tonight, well at least at a glance and as far down as the H's on this list:

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread700.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I didn't set too good of an example here, bc I added in some of what I think with what I feel. That wasn't my original goal here. Anyhow, well at least I focused chiefly on what I feel.

That's what this thread is about simply identifying chiefly what we feel on any given day. I suppose, attempts at too great of restrictions or perfection would be boring anyways.

Or, if we are not presently feeling, we could identify what we don't feel, but wished we did.

I feel:

scared
unsure
wonder
suspicious
avoidance
timid
confusion
tired
addiction

I'm unsure how I lost my faith in God for so long
I wonder how I could let that happen
I felt timid at church today and out of my element
I felt confused and suspicious of the people at church
I don't understand why one of the members wouldn't speak to me. Maybe because he is friends with my son, and I kicked my son out of the house? Unsure????
I feel an enormous amount of love for God and human beings
Unsure as to why I can't stand human contact even though I have compassion and care about them.
I feel tired because I only got 3 hours of sleep last night
I feel I am addicted to the internet and need to keep off of it.

I don't feel angry for the first time in two days
I don't feel crazy

Tammy

I am frightened. I am scared. I am in a panic/ anxiety mode that has come over me like a wave. This has hit me right between the eyes and came up totally unexpectedly. I am not up discussing this right now. I have however, sent Anthony a PM about this and I sure hope he can shed some light on this.

Hopefully, I will be able to enlighten the group later. I am extremely unnerved by this recent wave of __________ that is going on with me right now! I certainly do not understand what is happening to me.

Anyway, you asked what I was feeling right now. You got it

Nausea induced by anxiety and fear
Lost
Useless
Alone
Loser
very frightened of the day

Probably feel all those feelings because I am going to be meeting with the doctor today-first time in 2 1/2 weeks-and I am petrified at facing the terrible events of this past holiday. Would rather just take it out on myself and hide at home (or at the gym).

irritated because I can't sleep yet again.
tired self explanatory
disgusted that every time I get woke up I can't go back to sleep.
Upset that I jumped and yelled when my daughter touched me while sleeping
hopeful that my son is going to start speaking to me after the silent treatment for 6 weeks.
grateful that I drove 8 hours without no major panic attacks and it was pouring down rain.

Back