• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Thankful For?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 541

So much of our lives are focused on how we feel at a certain time. Our symptoms, our relationships, friendships and jobs. How we are going to cope from one day to the next.

We get caught up in flashbacks, anxiety attacks, eating disorders, medications, and just trying to survive the day without going completely insane....

I wanted to bring to light the little things in our lives that give us hope, or help us to cope for just 5 more minutes. When the going gets rough, reflect back, and hopefully bring a smile to your heart once again....

It could be anything.......

A smile or laughter from a child you passed in a store.

The person that held the door for you.

You child's funny drawing from school.

The fact that your spouse is so supportive...

Just anything that touches your heart....Please share them with us all.

I am thankful for........I had the weekend off. The first full weekend in 3 1/2 moths. I didn't get off the couch all weekend...It felt so good just to crash.....and to do nothing at all.....

Thankful

Ive been feeling a bit better lately :thumbs-up, and seem to have discovered a new love for music. Its just good to feel a bit of positive emotion again.It might not be much but it is something and it makes me think that the person I remember may still be in there somewhere :smile: ALL the BEST

Im thankful for beautiful fall weather. Chilly and sunny, the perfect combination!

I'm also thankful for my job. It's hard to have a really bad day when you're laughing at a funny book with a class full of kids.

I'm thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful for the support I've found with them. I'm thankful for this forum for giving me an outlet for the good days and the bad. I'm thankful for the help I've found here. I'm thankful that I've finally realized that I'm a worthwhile human being.

I'm thankful for a lot of things...and I'm glad that I can see them now.

Lisa

I'm really thankful to be alive and be able to still be a firemedic..
I'm also thankful my family, girlfriend and friends have stuck with me through everything cause I know that they have been through a lot with me and it has been really hard, they could have just given up..

I am thankful for looking up just before I slammed into the rear end of the car in front of me,......The driver decided she wanted to STOP DEAD in the middle of the road......

All I can say is......Thank God I have always wanted to be a race car driver when I grew up. Man I maneuvered my car today like a well oiled machine, and didn't lose it once......

PHEW*************Talk about flight feeling and wanting to pass out after it was over.....PHEW.

I'm thankful for Jesus. My mother could have murdered me and my sister, taking our lives, but she didn't.
- Doctors said I should never have survived the DUI accident back in '85, but I did.
- I failed miserably when I tried to kill myself in '87 after being raped and the cops did nothing even though they were summoned not by me, but by the emergency room.
- Buddies marvel at how I survived a mine cave-in back in '89.
- I counted my blessing when a man tried to kill me back in '97. He tried hard but failed, friends tell me it's my training that saved me.
- Then back in '06 when I got hit by a DUI, *again*, not a broken bone though the kid was doing 35.

Then I slap myself in the face. IF Jesus really gave a damn, I would have died in '85 and none of that would have happened. Because the memories are the worst thing of it all.

Gee, wasn't that a nice perk in a thankful post... Come on guys.

Huge congrats Pandora!!!

Wendy, I saw the title and have avoided this post like the plague. But now I am here in a dark moment. I need to find the good things outside the bad. The child's smile you mention made me smile. I thought of my youngest girl's silliness. Had I followed through the other day I would have missed the following. I think it is good for me to just see a day or two worths.

My 3 year old is reading and writing now. She is almost 4. She likes to write both normal and mirror images. My other daughter used to do this too. Tonight she was writing dinosaur and did fine with it. She went on with many words she would copy and come show me. The pink line on the note book paper is where my husband asked her to start since she was doing all mirror after a while. She said she would get to that side on the left when she got done (finished filling up the line right to left LOL)

She told me again for the past two nights before she was whisked off to bed by daddy she will love me forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever... I just love it.

She spelled squirrel. I had to retype that 20 times for my spell check to know what I was writing as that word will not and has never clicked for me. For some reason eating it
came up over supper with her brother. She said eww no to her teen brother, and then said you have to cook it first!!! I love my red neck girl. BTW she apparently thinks dogs and chicken and cats are fine as long as they are not ours LOL. She will be fine come Armageddon HA!

I saw my young man turning into a young man. He has hair on his tummy. Yuck, but I saw him maturing. He is also trying to figure out why girls need to be and say they are older than they are. He got the dog out of the house before puking on the floor. My old dog is well 3 years past normal life expectancy for her breed and is not well. So I have another day with her. She is in marriage #3 with me. So She has been around before and after a few men in my life.

I got logs in my fireplace and enjoying a nice fire.

My mother was nice.

My husband hugged me and took me to work yesterday to help keep me safe.

My friends on this forum are still here.

Veiled,

I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad.....But glad that the post made you smile.......

You response made me smile too.....

I am thankful today.......I am home sick and not worrying about the loss of $$.....I am thankful that I have learned self care......

I went shopping, when I got home I put the bags down and my dog (a maltese) looked through the bags and took out a toy I bought for her and started playing with it. I don't know if dogs usually do this. I've had her for 7 years and it was the first time she did that, it put a big smile on my face. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back