• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are your best tips for healing?

alt

Confident
Mine are

1. qi gong (yoga is also good, but the focus on qi in qi gong makes me fokus more on being kind to my body, something I find hard after ptsd)
2. walks every day (= circulation in my otherwise "frozen" body)

I feel like the only thing really helping me, is physical movement and focus on being nice with my body. I treat my body like a pet animal, and even talk to it "oh, nobody was nice to you, and you didn''t deserve such treatment but I am here for you now"...

I feel like the only thing really helping me, is physical movement and focus on being nice with my body. I treat my body like a pet animal, and even talk to it "oh, nobody was nice to you, and you didn''t deserve such treatment but I am here for you now"...
I really like this idea. Might steal!

I agree movement of the body really really helps. Sometimes it is difficult to do that though when fighting to escape the body.
So:.
1) remembering that it's a feeling and it will pass.
2) not fighting feelings as that makes them stuck and stay for longer and in a more overwhelmed state. So welcoming feelings, acknowledging them and letting them pass helps.
3) that then allows me to connect with me body to breathe and move it and exercise.

1. My strong faith

2. My strong support system

3. Keeping my mind active - reading, researching, studying

4. Pursuing my many interests and hobbies

5. Music!

4. Keeping the focus off of me and on others
💜

* daily maintenance. i get up before the household stirs for my daily inventory. what do i have to work with today? which bolts need tightening? are there odd rumbles as i warm up the engines? are the tires even and balanced? do i need to call the mechanic?

* faith/trust. all is as it should be. what are my lessons for today? thy will be done.

Mine are

1. qi gong (yoga is also good, but the focus on qi in qi gong makes me fokus more on being kind to my body, something I find hard after ptsd)

I really like this. And I agree.

Mine are

Everything that you think and say to yourself (self-talk) should have some positivity because we become what we think and what we say to ourselves. I liked how you turned a negative into a positve. Good for you. I mediate during different times of the day especially when I am out of balance with my emotions. I also keep a journal. This is very therapeutic. It can give you some distance with the things that may be bothering you. It helps get rid of the looping of thoughts in your head. I have a strict regiment every morning to start me on the right track.
Take shower
Make bed
2 mile run
Coffee, juice and toast
Journaling
Make a list of goals for the day
Mediate
Get busy

Weirdly, I find a regular rave. Crowds/loud music/strobe lights/dancing are my jam. Total silence from my brain and physically and mentally I just completely relax for a few days after.

Meditating, watching my diet, good sleep routine & getting plenty of exercise are my basic building blocks. If I haven’t got them in place then I don’t work effectively on anything.

Back