• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What counts as trafficking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBigFoot

Policy Enforcement
Just like the title, what is considered actual trafficking and does it actually matter to know whether you were or not?

Think like 9 ish year old being shared sexually with multiple friends of parents repeatedly.

according to the action -> means -> purpose (AMP) model, trafficking requires two things (not always simultaneously): movement, and commerciality.

commerciality is defined as any thing that is of value that is exchanged between any person (food, shelter, jewelry, money, gifts) and movement is that the person is moved somewhere (typically across state/provincial lines but it can involve countres as well.)

in the united states federal code trafficking occurs at any time if a minor is involved in soliciting commercial sex acts, so this could fall under the defenition of trafficking if commerciality is a factor.

Like the term "rape," the term "trafficking" has a legal definition and a ... I can't think of the word. Basically the meaning everyone uses outside of the legal definition.

The extralegal meaning of trafficking means one was passed around for sex, whether for commercial gain or not.

The extralegal meaning of trafficking means one was passed around for sex, whether for commercial gain or not.

I’m not sure what I feel about this part. Doesn’t that make something as simple as an orgy be trafficking? I’m not sure it would be this broad of a definition.

So then does a gang rape count as trafficking or is that it’s own thing? Because that’s essentially a non consensual orgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back